The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
master of the custom cai
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CAI project almost finished(pics)

so most of u know i built my cai, with a tight budjet. i already built the pvc to go down into the wheelwell, but i still had the stock piping from the back of the mass airflow sensor, to the throttle body. my buddy got a intake off line, and he modded it to fit his car. he had some left over piping, so i decided to take it off his had, and use it for mine:) here is the results!! that stock tubing that i replaced, wow!!! anyone who has a cai or wai, replace that rubber piece!! BIG DIFFERENCE IN SOUND!!

another view

but now, i need to replace the pvc with alluminum piping, which ill either buy off line, or somewhere else. all i need is 2 straight pipes,and a 90 degree bend. anyone have spare pieces??

·
master of the custom cai
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or where can i pick up piping allumin piping? i guess im stuck buying some off line like my buddy:(

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
ehhh, get a REAL cai, it'll be 10xs better than that ish

·
sittin' pretty.
2,427 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
all intakes are pretty much the same imo..one you make out of aluminum should be just as good. What'd you do about all the hoses and lines to the stock piping? i have an idea from the pictures..but its hard to tell where you plugged them all up

·
Mine's bigger than yours
401 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
10x's better how? looks or performance...? yeah looks maybe, performance probably not....

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
i guarantee you the air will be so much more smoother.

with all that time u've invested, u could've been working and been able to afford a real cai.

its all been tried and tested bro.

·
master of the custom cai
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Siizzzoooo said:
i guarantee you the air will be so much more smoother.

with all that time u've invested, u could've been working and been able to afford a real cai.

its all been tried and tested bro.

Name Brand intake-$200
Homemade intake-$20
Getting Burned by Name brands-Priceless:):flip:

·
Registered
44 Posts
not bad work, but instead of using pvc, try to find some stainless steel pipes or whatever works other than pvc, take to a muffler shop to get the bends or find someone who can cut and weld the bends for you, just a thought but thats what i did for my custom wai, i'll have some pic's as soon as my bro gets my camera back to me. but try anything other than pvc, might make a difference

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
turbonismo99 said:
Name Brand intake-$200
Homemade intake-$20
Getting Burned by Name brands-Priceless:):flip:
i can guarantee you spent more than 20 dollars on your intake

i had my abs homeade intake on my car for a while. when i took it off, i did notice i lost some torque. when i plan to do next is relocate the battery to the trunk. that way i have way more room and can try a different piping route

·
master of the custom cai
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
weed101160 said:
i can guarantee you spent more than 20 dollars on your intake

i had my abs homeade intake on my car for a while. when i took it off, i did notice i lost some torque. when i plan to do next is relocate the battery to the trunk. that way i have way more room and can try a different piping route

not really, i got all my supplies from my buddies, like 10 bucks for piping, and silicone connectors. what i did with the 2 return lines in my intake, i just connected it into my intake, look at my very first pic, you can see them.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
I'm not getting burned with my "brand name" Injen intake. It's CARB legal.

·
master of the custom cai
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
weed101160 said:
what about the filter?
already had a wai so i had it. Ry im not to insult anyone, just trying to say that i made a cai, on a budget, i dont got 200 bucks for the real deal

1 - 20 of 32 Posts