The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hiiiigh Rollin!
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
id like to paint my calipers and hub of my discs tonite or tomarrow and i was just wonering if there is a difference between the caliper paint (spray can) and the hi heat engine paint (spray can) the caliper paint says can go like 900 degrees and is chip proof and stuff and the engine paint is like between 500-1000 degree but i was just wondering if there is a difference in the paint textures and what is inside them thanks -Jon

·
11,384 Posts
The caliper paint, like folia-tec, comes with cleaner and a little brush. It's pretty much the same thing. I used white engine paint on mine, and have to retouch them every 6 months or so. The best way to do it is to clean it very well, use some engine paint primer, and then the engine paint. Like $6 in parts, and an hour or so of your time.

·
Hiiiigh Rollin!
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks dude ill do that -Jon

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
I used engine paint on my broth3er's Civic rotors and calipers...

didn't do anything other than washing it the day before... sprayed away and 1.5 yrs later, still looks nice.. dull yeah, but no chips, no rust, no flakes....

Chris used the same paint (who I got the idea from) without any probs..

you can look in the gallery for pics of his calipers... he did Gold.

·
Hiiiigh Rollin!
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks for all the info ill prob clean them up a lot then paint them and clearcoat over them ill post pics too thanks -Jon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts