The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Havin' Fun
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am thinking I want to paint the brake calipers before the snow flies. The car is black and I don't want red brakes. However, I can't find pics in yellow or gold on a black.

Anybody have either of these on a black car? If so, can you email me pics please. Any other suggestions?

I am thinking yellow may be too bright and the gold not bright enough. Currently the wheels are stock, but they may go to that "smoke" (or is it anodized) color next summer (too much rum).

·
"Respect My Authoritei"
11,610 Posts
Yea coolio0079 who makes those rotors and how old are they. Notice Shortees rusting around the hub area, because the caliper does not touch it when the brakes are applied. Mine are doing the same, and these were supposed to be ZINC plated to prevent the rusting. Maxed up never replied to my PM's about this, so oh well as they say.

Even the slots and the drilled holes are rusting now. Let me know who makes those, I might have to make a switch.

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
lowriderman3 said:
Yea coolio0079 who makes those rotors and how old are they. Notice Shortees rusting around the hub area, because the caliper does not touch it when the brakes are applied. Mine are doing the same, and these were supposed to be ZINC plated to prevent the rusting. Maxed up never replied to my PM's about this, so oh well as they say.

Even the slots and the drilled holes are rusting now. Let me know who makes those, I might have to make a switch.
I'm glad I didnt order from the maxed up gb. I was going to order them just because they were zinc plated.

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
shorteeguy21 said:
^ very nice man! Clean as hell, what kinda rotors are those?
His registry says they're stillen crossdrilled rotors.

·
"Respect My Authoritei"
11,610 Posts
SpankinAltima said:
Hey lowriderman i think that we got the rotors at the same time. and my rotors have no rust what so ever. so i dont think that u got yours plated.
So you do not have that round ring of rust like on shortee's. What color is your hub area? Please post a close up pic for me.

This blows..I was beginning to learn to live with this..LOL..Now I hear about yours, and also see the Stillen ones.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yes they are stillen ones. The only thing is I didn't really like the way the hub area was a goldish color so I painted that area with the same black gloss caliper paint. Here are some pics it's kind of hard to see.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts