The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do They Make Them For The 3.5 If So Who And How Much. Ive Got Them On One Of My Civics And Got 6hp Out Of Them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
People don't get much into tuning around here, as you have seen. Tuning is more important than bolting on stuff, but Most people don't tune unless they have all the bolt ons first.

You got 6 whp with tuning, right?

Lightweight cam gears would be nice on an Alti., considering you could loose a lot of weight w all 4, but tuning valve timing would be even more rewarding.

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
jwt cams are sweet , and stillen makes a set or cams for the VQ . my buddy has the jwt cams in his 350 . and the engine doesnt idle rough at all . but it might be a safe bet to get all the bolt ons at first before you start changing out internals. i think both sets of cams are around 1 grand plus. and the job wasnt that difficult. we did it on a weekend and we were done in about 4 hrs . we bullsh*tted most of the time.

·
How bout them Dawgs
2,207 Posts
cams=cam gears? How is valve timing tuing done?

·
How bout them Dawgs
2,207 Posts
I still don't get how you tune these things...???

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
^^^ i think they give you a little more leway with timing, so you can advance or retard the timing for different applications you have installed on your ride , like NOS and so on . i think its like 15 degrees more than usual . i could be wrong so dont quote me on this

·
Registered
175 Posts
Cam gears are on the end of the camshafts. You can adjust the degree of difference between the two cams to advance or retard the valve openings/closings. It has nothing to do with ignition timing. You can pull both cams in together to tighten the Lobe Separation Angle do build overlap, or you can move your powerband around to make more power up top, or more torque down low. Theres lots of options and reasons to run them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts