The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What companies make performance cam gears for the altima? I may need to replace mine, so I would like to start shopping around.

·
A-arm brace man
87 Posts
what is it that makes you think your cam gears need replacing???

·
Registered
54 Posts
What kind of performance gain would you be lookin at from a cam gear upgrade? I might be interested in getting some. Thanks.

·
Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nismoman said:
what is it that makes you think your cam gears need replacing???
Im not sure if they need to be replaced, or if the timing just needs to be adjusted. but I am looking into the possibilities. I am hearing an odd noise coming from them. and its not the usual injector click, it almost sounds like a louder clicking noise. as soon as i get the valve cover gasket Im going to have my friend take a look at both the timing, and the gears. He wants to retard my timing too since Im running NOS in there. I just don't know if i like what thats going to do to my gas milage. by the way, anyone know the specs for the timing on a gen1?

·
Gone but not forgotten
28 Posts
TeamFreshstyles said:

Im not sure if they need to be replaced, or if the timing just needs to be adjusted. but I am looking into the possibilities. I am hearing an odd noise coming from them. and its not the usual injector click, it almost sounds like a louder clicking noise. as soon as i get the valve cover gasket Im going to have my friend take a look at both the timing, and the gears. He wants to retard my timing too since Im running NOS in there. I just don't know if i like what thats going to do to my gas milage. by the way, anyone know the specs for the timing on a gen1?
:eek: I have the same problem and was told that it was my timing chain making the noise! I going to get my checked out as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure there are cam gears for our cars maybe a oem replacement, but I doubt you'll find gears that are adjustable like on hondas. I have been looking everywhere for the last 3 years for them and as far as I know there arent any adjustable ones.:(

·
Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, we tried to do the timing today, but then realized that I have to take the wheel off to do so, and we didn't have enough time. so its still not checked. is there a way besides taking the wheel of to use the timing light, or is this the only way? I didn't have time today, cause I also had my window's tinted today. i have 35% bronze tint on my windows. it looks pretty good.

G

·
HondaKillah said:

How would you know?

Explain why they are worth it.Enlighten me please.
well, even though its a different engine, on my friends integra they made a noticable difference. He paid like 430? i think. It gave him more midrange power which he said he was lacking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts