The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know they will make a difference, but what kind. i heard that idling will be bad but power will be there. but is it worth it??

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
Last I checked, they don't make billet camshafts for Altimas, so your only option is to have someone do a regrind, in which case you're going to have questionable quality. And, as you mentioned, a rougher idle. And if you're going to ask about using 240SX cams, since they use the same KA24 block, unfortunately the 240 cams have an extra lobe or something - they're different, anyway. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Not sure about that. The cams for the ka24de motor should work for any ka24de motor. There shouldn't be a difference between the actual cam of the 240 sx and the altima cam.

However like he said the only cams out there for the motor are jwt or gude. I know jwt are regrinds and I don't doubt that they are good quality, however regrinds will be a little harder to install and reference correctly.

I don't know enough about the gude cams to give info on them

UltimaSE

·
H.N.I.C.
3,488 Posts
no...
the cams for the 240sx are different and JWT does make cams for the 240 KA24....
the stupid Altima's cams dirrectly run the stupid distributor or some shyt.....

the 240sx CAN use the Atlys exhaust side cam because it stay open a lil longer than the 240's i believe.....
the 240 can also use the Atly's lower compression pistons for turboing..

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
atakm said:

interesting... can you elaborate more on that
Well, it's the other way around - the distributor on the Alty is driven directly by the back end of the exhaust camshaft. On the 240sx, it is at the other end of the engine, and at a right angle to the cam. See:

·
Registered
2 Posts
the last time i talk to jwt he said they were waiting to get them in
cams were going to be around $600 and they would be in no later then this month

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
like i said..they've been giving the run around for a year. companies do that so you'll be eager to buy their stuff. stillen was supposed to have the 2nd gen header done by june..its almost september already.

·
H.N.I.C.
3,488 Posts
wow....
but how much "tuning" would the regrinds need??
even wit the custom shim??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts