The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info but thats only half of the equation. I need to know what the duartion is also.
Hhhhmmmmm I'm a 'lil puzzled the JWT actually reduces the valve lift so much they must increase duration alot.
Maybe someone with a set of JWT cams has the cam card that usually comes with camshafts that will list everything I need.
any further help would be appreciated.

Sink

P.S. I did search and came with every thing but what i need

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
That sounds kind of high to me too, however, a few mos back, on the Cattman sight, they also listed the first gen cams' duration at 275degrees so I don't know what to say. Sounds kind of high for only a 8-10 hp gain though doesn't it? Not that I know anything.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
i dunno... the cam in my bug was a .450 lift and a 300 duration, its different technology but still high for a 4 banger.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok heres the cam spec iggy.

Stock: Intake - 207 deg duration, .305 Lift
Exhaust - 215 deg duration , .367 Lift

PDM Stage II: Intake - 219 deg duration, .379 Lift
Exhaust - 221 deg duration, .384 Lift

Gude NSCS05: Intake - 226 deg duration, .420 Lift
Exhaust - 226 deg duration, .420 Lift

Jim Wolfe Tech: Intake - 275 deg duration, .390 Lift
Exhaust - 275 deg duration, .390 Lift

All these cam specs were listed very clearly except for JWT, it does not specify Intake or Exhaust, it only listed one spec I will assume both cams are the same spec as with the Gude cam. the Duration on the JWT cam seems very long compared to all other cams. I cant imagine how much valve overlap there must be.

Sink

1 - 14 of 14 Posts