The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put 3 gallons of 100 octane cam2 race gas in the car. that's okay, right? :)

i totally forgot about this gas station down the block from my office that has cam2 110 and 100 octane race gas, so i decided to get a little 100 today while i'm still boosting a little on the high side.

i heard once tho that using high octane gas too often is bad, but using it this one time and maybe a few times after this very rarely is okay, right?

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
If you do not need it and run rich then do not bother. if you run extremely lean and you are trying to keep from pinging if you are turning up the boost. then it should be fine. The bad part you have heard is a scientifical thing with higher octane and force inducion or even stock motors getting hot in the cylinder and wearing piston rings or other things. I ran race gas and nitrous on my stock motor once and i burned a already weak piston ring, 115,000 miles on my motor. I beleive it was caused buy the nitrous and race gas was too much. could be a possibility but who knows. If I can find a book or article of some sorts on how fuel works and the higher the octane and what it does inside your motor, I will post it. I have only reference to what I have seen and 20 year mechanics and car gurus have told me. but proof scientifically is much better.

·
1,546 Posts

·
1,546 Posts
some of these are motorcycle stuff but says what can higher octane do to your car or bike. It seems it may just depend on your car or ECM that higher octane fuel or lower can do damging things with unburnt fuel being left behind. I guess if you were to backfire, too much fuel right. i have no cat, straight thru exhaust. i'm wondering if it can backfire and the pressure go back to my motor and damage something. i knoe of not running open header do to something like this. but down the entire exhaust is a long way.

http://downwardspiral.net/motorcycle/octane/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts