The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2k altima, 47k miles on it. My friend has a 96 v6 camaro with about 85k miles on it (piece of shit car, he abuses the shit out of it). anyways I just wanted to see I raced him and beat the shit out of him :p score another victory for the 4 cylinder altima. and they think its slow cause its a 4. haha i laugh at them!

·
4,020 Posts
Yeah, most v6 American sports cars are slow, the cars themselves way too much. On top of it the v6 engines are very heavy compared to their output. I never have a problem taking on a 6 Camaro, it's almost a walk in the park.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Well, I'll play devils advocate again with the Camaro. Although I'd never dream of owning a V6, they do have 200 hp and 225 tq, and run 0-60 in about 7.3 (check Edmunds - they use the car mags times). Last I checked, those numbers are more than enough to waste a 2.5 Alti. Anything running in the 7's (0-60) will prove too much for the stock 2.5 Alti, including my wife's minivan ('03 Honda, sad but true). So I'm not sure where "all the 6 cyl domestic cars are slow" comments come from. Cause they're more than a couple of them that will be problems for Alti's except in VQ form.

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
DP03 wasnt who I was hoping for but I will take it.:)

Not all V6 are garbage that are American made.But I have found very few that can run with me and have about 200hp.Mustangs,Camaros,Imaplas(of which a good percent are auot)etc...easy kills.

I have not driven a 2.5 stick yet,so I dont know how those engines run.;)

But 1st and 2nd gens have nothing to worry about.:)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Well, Honda, I don't know what your car runs, cause it's not in your sig. But V6 Camaro's have 200 hp (like you said) and 225 tq, and run 0-60 in about 7.3. That's considerably faster than the current Alti 2.5's, and I'm guessing the same applies to older year models. So if some get lucky in a street race, I can understand. But not the norm......

As for your comments "Camaro's suck", I suspect you've lost to many and maybe your wallet has taken a hit. Bottom line is the Camaro's are one of the fastest cars stock under 30K that can be modified to go fast (I'll call fast low 11's or better) with a reasonable amount of $$. Put it this way, there are very few guys in my car club that are still in the 13's. Bolt ons get you in the 12's easy. So if that sucks, so be it..............

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Doesnt matter what my car runs,street race or not,they are toast.You can post magazine times all day,but fact is I have yet to meet one that had any balls in V6 form that could translate your mag times into making me see taillights on the street.And that what counts.;)

The Camaro comment was meant for LT1Thud,but I guess he hasnt finished trimming his mullet in order to reply.I wasnt taking shots at ALL Camaros,just his.

I am glad you and your club can get to the store faster than I can.Congrats.*golf clap*:flip:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Haha. The old "everyone has proven that it's faster, but I still beat it everytime" song. Oh well, as long as it works in your little world...... Sad thing is, and it's ironic due to your name. My wife's new Honda minivan ('03 Odyssey that shares same motor and tranny with the Acura MDX) is faster than the new 2.5's (and your car, I assume) both in 0-60 and 1/4. (7.9 and 16.1). Now, my wife's van is by far the slowest of my cars, and I wouldn't normally be talking about it. But in this case I think it's appropriate, cause I'm sure my 3.5 Alti or my Camaro are no match for you just because the mags say so........

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Well if posting magazine numbers is your thing and gets you of then be my guest...

Haha. The old "everyone has proven that it's faster, but I still beat it everytime" song. Oh well, as long as it works in your little world...... Sad thing is, and it's ironic due to your name. My wife's new Honda minivan ('03 Odyssey that shares same motor and tranny with the Acura MDX) is faster than the new 2.5's (and your car, I assume) both in 0-60 and 1/4. (7.9 and 16.1).
Stop lying you know its YOUR minivan soccer dad.You keep on beliveing numbers.I will trade in my Altima the day I get beat by any stock minivan.Piss off peasant.:flip:

And um,most KA powered (manual) Altimas run faster than 16.1 stock.So sorry,your numbers just dont add up there professor.May I suggest you take a remedial math class next time?

But in this case I think it's appropriate, cause I'm sure my 3.5 Alti or my Camaro are no match for you just because the mags say so........
Haha.The old "I have a 3.5 SE so I must be the shit,bow down all other Altimas".Oh well,as long as ity works for in your tiny lil world.Sad thing is,you honestly beleive that.:(

·
Registered
899 Posts
The killah was here.:)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Honda, I just read the posts that started this whole thing. LT1 had some good ideas, as did you guys. I can also tell you there was a fair amount of misinformation on that thread, as well, on both sides.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.