The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
caviar cartel
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How soon after the installation of new suspension (springs, struts) and the mounting of new wheels 17" and tires would i know if i need camber adjustment. I have the camber bolts in the trunk, but have no idea if i need them at all. Have only been on the wheels for 2 days and the suspension for about a week. Do i give it time to settle before checking the camber to see if i need the bolts in. In the same way, how soon before i should check whether i need an alignment. Off topic, what would u say is optimal pressure for 215/45/17 tires of street use. Thanks -pr0

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
you shoulda had the camber bolts installed when you had the suspension done. but its ok...since you have them though you may as well go on and have them installed. no need to wait for the suspension to "settle" cuz even when it has it won't make an appreciable difference

·
Registered
217 Posts
How soon after the installation of new suspension (springs, struts) and the mounting of new wheels 17" and tires would i know if i need camber adjustment. I have the camber bolts in the trunk, but have no idea if i need them at all.
What camber do you currently have? It has been my experience that toe out in the front eats tires a LOT faster than just having -2 degrees camber.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts