The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Like a Villain
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the camber in the rear is really bad...it ate up ALL the tread on my rear tires in just 9 months. wtf. i'm going to invest in something to fix that nasty camber, but i was wondering what's the difference between camber bolts and plates. i heard the plates are better. which do you all recommend. any hints where i can order them for a decent price? thanks

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
camber plates USUALLY allow for more adjustment than bolts

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
865 Posts
Stillen has camber bolts for around $50. I had them but never on. They adjust 2 degrees. Camber plates give the more adjustments.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
well he did the camber "ate up ALL of his tread in the rear" so if it is even wear, do you still need em? im gettin even wear throughout all my tires with no camber kit at all

·
Like a Villain
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so you're saying that if my rear tires are wearing evenly i dont need a camber kit at all? my front tires look brand new and there's no negative camber

·
11,384 Posts
I say why mess with a good thing. If the back is the only bad part, just fix that. The bolts come in pairs, so you can just get the 2 for the back.

Ask Alex, that's where I got mine.

You might want to go and get a good alignment and have the toe checked. As Rick will vouch for, you toe in/out being too far off can really eat up tires.

·
11,384 Posts
Toe in, toe out. If the wheels are pointing exactly straight, you have 0 degrees of toe in. If they both are pointed in, you have some degrees of toe in. This is toe in, the bottom is the back of the car, / \

Toe out is the wheels pointing outward, \ / , again, the bottom being the back.

The toe can be adjusted when you get it aligned, well, anytime, but they should check and adjust your toe in when getting it aligned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts