The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of camber kit is best for an altima? Is the Eibach kit ok?

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
Read here, that's what you're getting, the x-brand variety which fit w/o modification. Read through it. Book mark it as a reminder.
http://www.autospeed.com/A_0187/cms/article.html
I've personally tried camber bolts of such variety as well. Yep, it's true. For every bump I hit/any bigger than lo-speed turns there are, the camber did change, a lot, so did my toe setting (was 0 degree, and then some 3 degrees out)..Especially at candlestick's lot. The bolt is far too small to hold setting at track abuse.

If anyone want to buy out my old camber bolts (used, 1 pair), let me know. I need to make some room.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
yeh we bouth them too when we first slammed it on gc/s, it didnt even really affect the camber enough to even bother putting it in- the garage said it wasnt even worth installing em

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
I'm going to try slotting the strut mounting ears for now. Since I'll be using the same bolts as stock, hopefully that will hold the setting better (bigger bolt=more usable tightening torque to hold setting available).

But seriously, if you need a tool to adjust camber in a big range (ie. after a serious drop), you'd need adjustable camber plate.
For the 1st genners, you share the same top insulator bolt pattern with 89-94maxima and 90-92 stanza. I've search but found none so far. the camber plate from the 240SX (S13 and S14) will only fit if you drill new mounting hole.

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
yeah stillen does but they cost some doe. ihave had the camber bolts on my car and haven't had a prob. my tires inthe front wear fine, even as stock. there is a shop that deals w/ them around where i live and they know what they are doing and i trust them. havne't had a prob w/ them except when i broke one when i hit a huge curb. but to his, his own opinion.

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
its that ron ellise shop onthe other side of midlo, in front of the hospital. if you need a number, they are in the yellow pages. but they are always madd bussy so you have to drop it off at like 6 am to get it back the same day.

·
Terrance and Phillip Show
1,378 Posts
yes stilen doesn make top mounts for first gen... i think its stillen anyways... Pterson just got his in and is installing them i think... pm him about em

1 - 13 of 13 Posts