The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in getting some cams. I've searched the forum and cant find a real answer. How much hp will it give?

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Not for 700$ No. The gains are hardly worth it.

·
Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have i/h/e/p/ 2.25 piping, kartboy ss, and clutch just wondering what would be the best next thing besides nos. I drive a 98 so I know I cant get my ecu tuned my jimW.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
the gains from a cam set from JWT wont be that great until 4.5k rpm. you'll notice the difference on top end almost immediately.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
On my 10.5:1 engine , the TopEnd cams made the engine !!! Masive power gain from 4K and up !!! If you have all the other mods , it would be the next mod !!! Worth $650 ??? I dont know .. My cams were FREE !! ( becides the time adjusting my valves 3 times and $200 in valve shims !! )

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
are they worth the money??? no. But they are noticable especially with the ecu. They're great after the basics for sure.
only noticable after 4000, then it pulls pretty good!

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
pr_tony_montana said:
I already have i/h/e/p/ 2.25 piping, kartboy ss, and clutch just wondering what would be the best next thing besides nos. I drive a 98 so I know I cant get my ecu tuned my jimW.
I though JWT just couldnt tune the Second gens for turbo applications,not NA.Or am I wrong?:)

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
i wonder, besides the sensors, what the difference is between the 2nd gen manifold and the first gen. i didnt bother to examine them very closely, i just swapped em. i DO know that the trottle bodys are different and so is the linkage. the fuel rail is different, and so is the metal piping under the manifold for the iac/aac valve. but i dont see why that shit cant be swapped... but whats the difference otherwise? oh yeah, the egr sits backwards too... anything else?

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
He put a 2000 engine in his 94 with ODB1;)

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Anytime.......

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got a 2001.

How much would it cost to replace the ODBII stuff with ODBI?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts