The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the docs at my hospital has an SS and has been egging me to race him for some time. I admit I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to domestics. Is this thing as fast as he makes it out to be?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not scared to race him or anything, I just haven't taken the time to try yet ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
If both are stock you might be able to take him....despite the old Corvete motor. But because he's a doctor ONLY driving an old Impala SS, I suspect some of that doctor money has found its way into the engine. After he whoops you in the 1/4, invite him to an autocross or curvy road.

·
Banned
228 Posts
Auto will be a close race, 5-speed will beat the Impala. If he knows ANYTHING, he can modd the hell out of that car though, so be careful. On the other hand, the Altima can now beat all cars so you should not have any problem.

·
DOES HE EVER SHUTUP!
446 Posts
There aren't any new SS Impalas in the states so it has to be the previous model, but stock for stock 5 speed vs auto you should take him they are heavy boats. But at highway speeds he should pull away from you quite easily.

·
Bluntastic
262 Posts
watch out for 94+

if its one of the newer Impala SS's, have a field day with him because you will destroy him. If its a 94-96, stock you will still beat him, but if he has anything, like lets say a 2500 stall converter (assuming this is an off the line race), headers, intake and exhuast...youll be watching the tailights of a land yaht unless you are modded too...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I raced one at a stoplight and got an immediate jump on him. Then he hung a half car length back or so from me all the way up to 70.

·
DOES HE EVER SHUTUP!
446 Posts
Re: watch out for 94+

Kaio-Ken said:
if its one of the newer Impala SS's, have a field day with him because you will destroy him. If its a 94-96, stock you will still beat him, but if he has anything, like lets say a 2500 stall converter (assuming this is an off the line race), headers, intake and exhuast...youll be watching the tailights of a land yaht unless you are modded too...
And once again ther is NO new SS Impalas.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The early 90's Impala SS was underpowered...it looked dope but that was it....most Civic DX's would be running right next to it. NO question a 3.5SE would beat it. That's not even a race. Now if it was Tim Allen's Impala SS(500HP) well I would say hell no!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts