The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Could I beat an stock auto 3rd gen 2.5 SL with my car and the mods that I have? If not, how close would it be?

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
dunno...but im waiting to get my chance at my GFs 2003 2.5...auto. im a manual, so well have to see how it goes (ive got only an intake and mad shifting skillz yo!) LOL
if she gets past the break in period and i get to run her sometime ill let ya know! if you get a chance first to get a 3rd Gen, pass the information!

Monki

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Don't get upset, but honestly, from the dynos we have, the 00/01 auto puts out around 118-120 whp which is 22-23% loss, right on for an auto.
Now the 6 spd SpecV puts out average a hair over 140 (140-145). Now of course no one knows just how efficient or non eff the new gearbox is I guess but Nissan's autos are always less efficient than their manual trannys for just for kicks if we give the new 2.5 auto the same loss as the 00/01,s which share the same basic gear ratios and final drive (I found it on the net) then at 22/23% the 2.5 auto don't put out but around 127-130 max so the difference of around 10 hp plus those mods this fellow has on his 01 could easily put him ahead.

Just my speculation though...Not trying to ruffle any 3rd gens feathers.:angel1:

·
Red Sleeper
5,340 Posts
kind of curious myself..........hmm i wonder if i can take a 2.5 3rd Gen.......reprezentin 1st Gen.

Stillen Header
PR CAI w/ monster filter
GReddy Catback
Stillen FSTB
Nokya Pedals
SWA Pulley waitin to be installed
EVE Stock

[I Don't Sound Like Nobody]

94_se

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Personally I wouldn't doubt, plus the fact that the 3rd gens are around 100 lbs heavier aren't they? I just don't understand, again NO OFFENSE to those w/ 3rd gens at all, but what is up with the 2.5? Even the SpecV puts out max around 145whp, and from what I've heard, the engine is already tuned at the ragged edge of tunability or maybe that's just early smack talk. I know the knock sensor is sensitive but w/ VTC a 2.5 should put out more than it does. Maybe it has really small cams like the 1st gens or something. Like everyone says about autos racing though, it just depends on the driver sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts