The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok you all let me first say that it is great to finally find a website that deals with something other then hondas, and especially one that deals with the same car i have, i have a 2000 altima, it has the headlight and turn signal in the same housing, and i want clear corners and the 98's and the 99's have serperate housing for the headlight and turn signals, could i change it out and put a 98 or a 99 assembly in my car

·
Too Loud??? Never!!!!
167 Posts
You can, but it does require some custom work. Solace did the exact opposite. He went from the 98-99 headlight assembly to the 2000-2001 headlight assembly. Laterz.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what kind of custom work had to be done

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lets talk about it

where are you from and how could we make the trade

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
jeremy said:
i have a 2000 altima, it has the headlight and turn signal in the same housing, and i want clear corners and the 98's and the 99's have serperate housing for the headlight and turn signals, could i change it out and put a 98 or a 99 assembly in my car
Dude, the 2k headlights look so much cooler than the 98-99. You're the first one I've heard of that wants to go that direction. Good deal for 98se, anyway.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
Re: Re: Can i combine years together

Creature said:

Dude, the 2k headlights look so much cooler than the 98-99. You're the first one I've heard of that wants to go that direction. Good deal for 98se, anyway.
2nd actually...

But I beleive the 98-99's have a bracket welded on the frame to hold the corners in. The 2000+ do not have this. thus you would have to figure out a way to make that frame. Solace just had to cut that bracket and he was in business....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aight

ok i just gonna keep them because i just found some blackouts for them and since my car is super black i think that it would look tight with black out

·
Registered
203 Posts
Jeremy,

Why on earth would you want to go back to the 98-99 headlamp? The 00-01 design is so much better? Where's the motivation?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts