The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
What is a D2R bulb? If these do fit our halogen cases, I may just get a set of these bulbs(yes I have ballasts :))

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
D2R bulbs are the ones made for cars with reflective housings... such as ours. D2S are for projector housings. At least that's what I remember.

·
Alty Guru
125 Posts
huskyboy, if you do decide to get an hid kit with a DSR bulb, i wouldn't recommend it. Your beam pattern will be completly messed up, the light source will not line up with where the original (halogen bulb) was.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at though, sounds like you just want the bulbs

Long live conversion kits...:D

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
D2R & D2S bulbs are for cars that come from the factory with HIDS... you cant just put those bulbs in any car.. you would have to have a lamp housing that fits those bulbs.. now if you had HID's from the factory, you could buy those bulbs.. but otherwise you are going to have to buy a H1 HID kit...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
in the altima maunal says
low beam: H1
low beam: D2R
What i'm askin if i just need the D2R bulb with no kit.

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
if you got your car off the lot with HIDS then yes you can use a D2R bulb.. if you have standard halogens then you will need a H1 HID conversion kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts