The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I could raise my 2001 Alty 1 to 2". If so, how? I want stiffer springs to prevent bottom out. Please give me name brands. The purpose is to fit big rims on my car. I understand that 19" wheels is the largest you can go. 20" isn't much bigger will it be a good fit? Please give your advice.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
are you out of your mind? if you raise up your car first it will look absolutely retarded, and second the suspension will be soppy. you want to lower it and get a rear sway bar and front strut bar to make it stiffer.

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
Do a search,someone on here had twenties on thier second gen.

Why would you want twankies on an Altima anyway?

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
There's a late model chevy riding around my neighborhood riding on 20's or 22's, raised up. Looks crazy. I figured he was headed to the latest monster truck rally.

Talk about your body roll...

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
Solace had 20's, but it looked like a HotWheels car IMO, definetly respect the work that went into fitting them though (not many 20's made for our cars!) IMO its not worth it. not to mention you wont have any sidewall to protect the rims.

biggest id go is 18 and thats too big for me LOL Sizzzooo had 19's i think, so they can fit. 19's are about the biggest you can go without having to really modify a bunch of stuff.

and believe me, if you raise the car and put 20's on it, youll look like a Monster Truck for sure. lower it a tad with Ground Controls (id say about an inch or so) and then slap on some 18's or 19's, and itll look killer...or maybe you'll wanna drop it more, who knows?

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
worst idea ever...I had a friend like you...he is a stupid moronic ricer who owns a 98 altima gxe...the kid thinks that pin stripes with gay neons all over his car, a tacky body kit, a huge ass park bench wing makes his car look nice...not to mention he bought 17 inch White rims which look like ass on his black car; then he tells me he wants to raise his car. I just laughed at him.

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
raising an alty is crazy. you want to lower it because even with 18's and no drop, itll look like a 4x4. that reminds me...i need a drop.

have any of you seen those regals and caprices raised up with 24 and 26 inch rims? must be a down south thing.

·
Simple Pleasures C.C.
3,227 Posts
its not that hard to get 20s on there. Just a little modification required if you get the right wheel and tire combo. All I had to do was roll the fenders and pull the splash guards from the front fenders....

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
It's not a generally accepted idea, raising a car that is..but if you insist on doing so, you can install any spring coming off 89-94 maxima..

I used to run maxima lowering springs in the front end, hella jacked up (the car rest on the ground at full uncompressed strut length), the handling, to my surprise, is very nice, though the car do felt a bit tippy at times. I weigh 180lbs, and I can't even get the thing to compress down with a bounce test.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
i noticed you havent replied to your own thread, so maybe you got the hint. DONT RAISE AN ALTIMA! its already 4X4ing when it comes from the factory. you can fit 20s on there, but i wouldnt suggest it on a stock looking altima. you will look retarded as hell. if you had a nice body kit, then it might come out looking decent

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Dom and SolacE for your comments and help. Raising an Alty isn't a bad idea if it's done right. I will do it right. Yes, down south we do ride high on our big boy rims. So I plan to adapt to the culture that's here. So be on the look out for downsouthalty when I come thru on the twankies. And you'll see the vision as a reality. Could someone guide me to a hood w/ 1 or more scoops?

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
1,874 Posts
Well, myself being from "down south", I see nothing but 20's+ unless of course it's on factory. ;) Granted I do see several people ridin' with those spinnin' hubcaps. ;)
Some cars look nice with those lift kits, while others look like plain azz. For example, trucks look sweet with 22's up to 26's. A local rich kid has a new Tahoe with 26's here (it's leased so he has no "boom")! We have several old school donks (old impala's for those of you who don't know) and caprices and regals and MC's (etc) with 24's and 26's. To be honest, only a few of them look nice. ****, a friend of mine has a 84 MC with 26's and chrome nurf bars like he's in a truck. BTW, he is sitting higher than my other friend's S10 Xtreme (and he's on 20's)! ;)
Anyway, for Altimas, I say get 18's or 19's and slam it. That's what I am going to do soon. :)

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
damn, im in the South and i stay as far away from the "culture" that is here. riding high in a 4 door family sedan just isnt right IMO, but if thats what you wanna do, go ahead.
and IMO anything bigger than 17's here and id be really afraid of bending/cracking wheels because of the shitty roads. i got 16's so i would have some sidewall to protect them.

good luck...and if you just want hood scoops why dont you make your own? theres no point in buying a hood when you can do it yourself, unless you mean getting a carbon fiber hood...and if you wanna raise the car up and put it on 20's, then IMO a CF hood isnt what you need.

·
Registered
294 Posts
you do realize that you drive an IMPORT, not the domestics that people lift in the south....just thought i would let you know. I just figured you forgot

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thankx for comments and criticism. My reason for wanting twenties is because 15-18" rims don't excite me. Plus in my local area, noboby has a car like me on 20" rims. What's wrong with doing something different? Just wait a couple of months and you'll see. Yes, I know I'm driving an import and your point is? I didn't forget nothing about the car because I know the name, I drive it everyday and I make payments on it "drummerboy". soc_monki, I don't know how Miss. is, I never been there but I understand your point.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
sounds like he wants to turn it into a ram air grand am that has the 2 hood scoops from the factory

1 - 20 of 24 Posts