Nissan Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to swap a 96 Maxaima SE 3.0 V-6 24 valve engine, In my 96 Altima XE. Im wondering if this is possible, And i really want to do it. If it is possible how much is it going to cost. And can i use mu 5 speed tranny with the Maxima engine.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Cashmoneyukr said:
I want to swap a 96 Maxaima SE 3.0 V-6 24 valve engine, In my 96 Altima XE. Im wondering if this is possible, And i really want to do it. If it is possible how much is it going to cost. And can i use mu 5 speed tranny with the Maxima engine.
Anything is possible if you have the time and money , but I don't think you would be ble to use the altima tranny with the maxima engine. You would have to use the maxima tranny.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Like 98se said, anything is possible but it would be very hard and expensive. No one on this board has this swap. It would be a lot easier for you to just sell your Altima and buy a Max.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
I could do that swap for you !! , The price would be about $10,000 if you supply the engine and trans. and donor Maxima for parts ,....... and yes I am serious !!!!!

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
flarearrow said:
I think you're better off going to

http://www.racetep.com/nissan1.html

and pay the $8800 :D

does anyone actually have this set up or seen this set up? i remember back when i mentioned racetep over at the 240sx forums at freshalloy, someone was saying that they screwed some guy over, not installing parts they said they did and such...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cashmoneyukr said:

Your sig says you have a 95. Hmm I don't get it. Oh wait, yeah I do, you still haven't learned to stop your bad habits from superhonda. Damn.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
if you are serious about doing a swap, why don't you go with the sr20det. tons more power possible and it would probably be alot cheaper too. go check out www.srswap.com i was taking a look the other day and they have full motor and trans with all neccesary harnesses and ecu for $3000.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
clo008 said:
if you are serious about doing a swap, why don't you go with the sr20det.

why not just go to a motor shop and ask.... they will know much better than us..

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
thats true vic but why spend all the money,if he actually is, on a motor that has not been swapped before. granted it would be cool to do the first one but what if the chassis for some odd reason could'nt handle the max motor. think about the loss of money. plus no one would have a clue to what performance could be expected. i was just saying its probably easier and cheaper to do something that has done already but to each his own, right.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
i say fuck swaps, i am gettin me a new car with a bigger motor to begin with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
12 Participants
chiadog
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing