The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Altima 2.5l SV
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drop it off a cliff, I guarantee it will go MUCH faster........................seriously, if it has a CVT trans then that is the worst thing you can do, they break fast enough like they are.
Lol I figured but I wanted to see if there was something I could do besides that. I know there is a way

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
You posted your question in a section of this forum called Engine Performance 2013-2018, which is the appropriate forum section. Your question is a valid one, and is asked on a regular basis...hence this section.

Here is what confuses me. As of now this section has 2 pages of questions and answers (correct and incorrect) related to Engine Performance.

Are you so busy that you can't take the time to look through and read the questions and responses? I am guessing that you could find and read the ones that pertain to you in less than an hours time.

Let me know if I can assist you in your quest for a faster 2.5, you are not alone.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. K&N cold air intake. Stillen underdrive pulley. Stillen cat back system.
68 Posts
Other than a couple bolt ons ,CAI, underdrive pulley, catback exhaust, theres not much more you can do to It without hurting the CVT. I have all 3 of said mods on my 2.5 and I haven't had an issue so far. Not a huge performance upgrade but with all 3 you can definitely feel the difference in performance. Plus it's fun beating up the Honda round where I live.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Other than a couple bolt ons ,CAI, underdrive pulley, catback exhaust, theres not much more you can do to It without hurting the CVT. I have all 3 of said mods on my 2.5 and I haven't had an issue so far. Not a huge performance upgrade but with all 3 you can definitely feel the difference in performance. Plus it's fun beating up the Honda round where I live.
Please explain how an underdrive pulley can make your car go faster. I'm confused.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. K&N cold air intake. Stillen underdrive pulley. Stillen cat back system.
68 Posts
Well from my personal experience after I put on my stillen underdrive I have noticed and improvement in acceleration when it comes to 0-40 mph. I say this with confidence because that's the first mod I did to my car aside from slotted and drilled rotors. Of course it won't affect top end speed but it does allow the engine to rev a little quicker. Do you disagree?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Please explain how an underdrive pulley can make your car go faster. I'm confused.
It has improved the launch bog down of my Altima anyway. Used to be a dog when it came to standing starts. But it is significantly better now. Not a huge improvement but noticeable for sure.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Well from my personal experience after I put on my stillen underdrive I have noticed and improvement in acceleration when it comes to 0-40 mph. I say this with confidence because that's the first mod I did to my car aside from slotted and drilled rotors. Of course it won't affect top end speed but it does allow the engine to rev a little quicker. Do you disagree?
I agree with your observation.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well thank you sir glad we can agree

1 - 10 of 10 Posts