·
Cub Fan, Bud Man...
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
I wanna see someone try....

The AP should be called "Associated Pundits" because real reporters are few and far between.

·
4,733 Posts
I don't see any bias, they whole article is true. He never talked about the fact that Osama is still missing, what is so biased about that? Its a true fact. etc etc..

he's not lying anywhere in that article is he? Its just the the republicans like to turn a blind eye to the negative things that are going on and pretend that they don't exist.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
I knew WILLDOGS would be up to the challenge. :D

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
WILLDOGS said:
I don't see any bias, they whole article is true. He never talked about the fact that Osama is still missing, what is so biased about that? Its a true fact. etc etc..

he's not lying anywhere in that article is he? Its just the the republicans like to turn a blind eye to the negative things that are going on and pretend that they don't exist.

It does not have to be lies to be biased. If someone wrote an article about EVERYTHING Kerry won't talk about, they would be called a republican attack dog.

·
Cub Fan, Bud Man...
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WILLDOGS said:

Unbelievable... There is a difference between NEWS and OPINION! This is NOT news willdogs. Just because you agree with something doesn't make it alright, and it doesn't make it news. News is the reporting of a thing to let you know about it and form your own opinion, not to have someone else tell you what your opinion should be... This is pathetic. People like you really need to wake up. You say you're worried that the Government is too big and taking over personal liberties and all the other Liberal nonsense, but THIS article proves that if Kerry Wins, you will NEVER know the truth about anything again. Sad really.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
He's right will.... That article is under NEWS, not OpEds.

·
Cub Fan, Bud Man...
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PsyKoh said:
It does not have to be lies to be biased. If someone wrote an article about EVERYTHING Kerry won't talk about, they would be called a republican attack dog.
But you see, it wouldn't pass as "News"; It would be an opinion article. This story does, and it is so completely wrong that everyone, no matter what their political preference is, should be worried. This is not right, this is not good for America.

·
Cub Fan, Bud Man...
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RobMac said:
News organisation do not exist to report the news, they exist to make money.
So its a big business? Doesn't that mean they should be for Bush because he supports the rich?:rolleyes:

·
Energy Liberation Front
1,290 Posts
WILLDOGS said:
Ok, it's biased.

Foxnews is not though right?
The fox news editorial pieces do lean to the right. In fact people like Hannity and O'riely lean too far to the right on many issues for my personal tastes. The difference is that fox presents them as analysis and has people like Alan Colmes to argue back. Fox NEWS coverage, not editorial, is very mid-line, unlike CNN and the AP who take their editorials and presents them as factual news and not opinion. The fact is 75% of professional journalists are liberal, and if you think they are all above letting their personal ideologies influence their work, you're thinking wishfully.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
Libs bitch about FoxNews while all the alphabet soup networks are liberal.... 60 minutes is about to do a show on President Bush's national guard service. Are they going to do the same on Kerry?

Don't hold your breath.

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
That article is biased, but then you have to accept that it contains facts. I like articles like that. I rather the people be scrutanized than the news go easy and tell us nothing useful (I'm saying I'd read one baised against someone like Kerry to).

I have little compassion for Bush though. He wasn't questioned on things for so long that he deserves some heat. They pretty much refuse to talk openly to the press. That really bothers me.

Last thing, this is AP. They have a lot more freedom. What you are saying is like judging all newspapers on one college paper article (I have no problem admitting this article is biased though).

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
The article is indeed biased in that it doesn't scrutinize the Kerry campaign promises. Truth be told however, the same author could have done that a month earlier at the DNC. A better piece would have compared and contrasted the liberties taken by both sides as a story on political campaign promises or something along those lines. The facts however are there, and it susprises me that so many people turn from the facts and choose a candidate on falsies. I believe that if people really knew the truth about Bush there would be no contest for the Democrats. Kerry Edwards tried to take a higher road and not do the smear campaigning, but it has failed and they are getting mopped up by the Bush attack squad and their viscious negative campaigning. Kerry wants to talk about the issues, Bush wants to talk about Kerry, and the country seems to believe him more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts