While a Mazda 6 V6:

Company 1: $1190/yr
Company 2: $1272/yr

Coverage:
$1M Liability
$500 deductible comprehensive
Loss of Use

Myself:
28yrs old male single with no tickets, no claims and continuously insured for last 11 years.

Anyhow, it seemed a bit high given my perfect record. I'm interested in what everyone else pay especially those who live in Calgary/Alberta.

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
I pay around $700 a year with Country Companies

I used to be with Geico, they were screwing me, $1300 a year

Although, I used to have a couple of tickets on my record from another State.

·
Frozen Member
1,326 Posts
Xtrema said:
I recently got a couple of insurance quotes for 3.5SE:

Company 1: $1330/yr
Company 2: $1454/yr

While a Mazda 6 V6:

Company 1: $1190/yr
Company 2: $1272/yr

Coverage:
$1M Liability
Loss of Use

Myself:
28yrs old male single with no tickets, no claims and continuously insured for last 11 years.

Anyhow, it seemed a bit high given my perfect record. I'm interested in what everyone else pay especially those who live in Calgary/Alberta.

Thanks
1300 isn't bad for the 3.5 - I pay 1200/yr for a 2.5SL in Manitoba

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
I think i've got a great rate now...even if it's a bit high, but i'm only 23, with a seat belt incident 3 years ago...!! still showing up on my record...

i'm paying 1800$ a year, that's with 1M$ liability, 1000$ deductible...!!

This is still a lot better then what I was paying on my '99 Mustang GT....3200$/year!!! you would pay a bit less if you had a 1000$ deductible instead of 500$...not sure how much you would save, but it would be a bit less...!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm paying $1100 per year for my 2003 3.5SE in Ottawa. That includes $180 and $100 deductibles, respectively, for collision and comprehensive and the $1M mandatory liablility. I'm male, 30, with no accidents. Pretty good deal, I think. Meloche Monnex gives a very competitive deal to PEO members.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input, keep them coming.

I guess $1300 isn't that bad. It's just that 2 years ago I quoted a TL @ $1100 so always in mind that Altima should be cheaper. but I guess insurance cost way more now.

·
driven
1,110 Posts
I am about to switch to an Altima SE and the cheapest i've been quoted is 1300-1400.

Insurance rates have had a big increase this year since the investment side of insurance companies isn't making any money. I work for an insurance company and there is a 10-20% increase across the board this year.

I think you should be happy with $1300...

·
Registered
929 Posts
I am 23 with a perfect driving record.

2640 per year with Pilot Insurance (now)

1800 per year North Blenium (quote)

I want to cancel it but I need details about my term. It doesnt end untill Sept 8th.

I am sure there will be some sort of cancellation fee that would out weight the difference between now and then. Example...

2640-1800 = 840 / 12 = 70 * (feb03-sept08) approx
490 - CANCEL fee

As long as the cancel fee is less than 490 it might be worth it.

Proendo.

·
Registered
106 Posts
$950 for a 2002 3.5SE with 1 million liability, 500 deductible (collision and comp), loss of use, and 2 year replacement insurance. Gotta love Meloche Monex, if you're an Engineer!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Calgarian said:
$950 for a 2002 3.5SE with 1 million liability, 500 deductible (collision and comp), loss of use, and 2 year replacement insurance. Gotta love Meloche Monex, if you're an Engineer!
Hey did you get a quote from a live person or through web?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Xtrema said:
Hey did you get a quote from a live person or through web?
I call the local number for Meloche Monnex in Calgary. I should note that I'm 31, single, with an everage of about 1 ticket every two years - definitely not spotless.

·
driven
1,110 Posts
proendo said:
I am 23 with a perfect driving record.

2640 per year with Pilot Insurance (now)

1800 per year North Blenium (quote)

I want to cancel it but I need details about my term. It doesnt end untill Sept 8th.

I am sure there will be some sort of cancellation fee that would out weight the difference between now and then. Example...

2640-1800 = 840 / 12 = 70 * (feb03-sept08) approx
490 - CANCEL fee

As long as the cancel fee is less than 490 it might be worth it.

Proendo.
There's no way the cancellation fee should cost anywhere near that. Just tell them you've sold the car and don't need insurance anymore. If anything it shouldn't cost you anything.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bakes said:
There's no way the cancellation fee should cost anywhere near that. Just tell them you've sold the car and don't need insurance anymore. If anything it shouldn't cost you anything.
That may not work as they may require proof the ownership is changed.

Try to read the small prints and see if that charge is anywhere. Then go to a BBB branch near you and see if this practice is legal.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm 23, with 1 ticket... I live in Edmonton.

$2200/year

1M Liability
Loss of use.
Full Sticker Price replacement value.

3.5 SE - Full load

·
Registered
26 Posts
I pay $1850/yr with Meloche Monnex starting this month with 02 3.5SE fully loaded. I was paying $2850/yr with other insurance company. It is such a big different. BTW, I am 34, single, with 10 yrs licence, no ticket or accidents, living in Toronto, Ontario. Don't know why I need to pay that much. I checked with at least 6 differnt insurance compnaies on last November, and the highest quote I got were $3400/Yr and Meloche Monnex gave me the best price, so I am with them now. So, $1200/yr is not bad.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Woah! I knew TO is bad but $2800 for a 34yr old is crazy.

So far, everybody here and my friends are recommending Meloche Monnex for car coverage. And they seem to offer lowest price in town.

One of my friends just got hit and MM treat them pretty well. I guess I'll give them a try.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Canceling A NIGHTMARE

Ok here is the details

My premium + tax + bank fees = 2651.19 a year but I pay monthly for it.

I Started from Sept 8th 2002

and if I canceled it today Feb 7 2003 this is what they figure

2651.19 x short rate .480 %

1272.57 Would be returned to me.

so I would then take the total I should have paid for the whole term which is 2651.19 - what they returned to me for cancelling... 1378.62 is what I would have to pay.

WHY the hell would I have to pay that much!

Some one explain this to me the insurance broker said its like that with all insurance companies not just Pilot.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts