The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to the Altima board. I have a brand new SE!

Sweet!

Ok now to my first question(s):

Am I an idiot? I can't find the homelink control... where is it?

I have the x03 leather package

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
Should be three buttons on your driver's side sun visor (this is the standard place for them in Nissans, as of 2001 anyway.

It's a bit of a trick programming it with newer garage door openers too. You basically have to get up by the garage door lift unit, find a "program" button (red square button on the side of mine, under one of the light covers), then press that and run to your car and do the Homelink sequence to program it. Took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to do it and then it was pretty easy to do both cars. It's because of the "rolling code" security feature in the garage door opener.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Creature,

But I don't see it there...

Can anyone that has the homelink in a 2002 confirm?

Thanks
again

·
Registered
26 Posts
The driver's side sun visor is where my homelink buttons are.

(2002 Black SE 5sp / leather / sunroof)

·
Registered
18 Posts
help

guys i tried programing it but it's not working ....help

·
Registered
28 Posts
I tried it on my last 00 Max and it never worked... and I'm positive I was following instructions. I have a newer door opener (late 1998) and think the secuity features on it will not allow you do it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
c5hardtop said:
I tried it on my last 00 Max and it never worked... and I'm positive I was following instructions. I have a newer door opener (late 1998) and think the secuity features on it will not allow you do it.
It can be done. When I got my Alty, I was smelling gas real strong, and it turned out the gas tank had a fracture and had to be replaced. So for the few days I was waiting, they gave me a new off the lot 01 Altima to drive and it had the homelink on it. You have to follow the directions exactly, but I got it to work....and I bought my house new on 5/00. Its possible it may not work on every single opener out there, but I know mine is pretty new and has the revolving security feature. I'll check and see what brand my opener is when I get home. :)

Kevin

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
Yep, both my cars and my garage door opener (and house :)) are all 2000 models. Like I said, it took me about 20 minutes to get the procedure figured out using the manuals from both the car and the door opener, but then I didn't have any trouble setting them. You do have to press a button/switch on the lift unit itself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
kvou812 said:

It can be done.
I only tried mine a couple of times, but I was sure I was doing it correctly. A dealer rep came to my house to try it and they couldn't get it. The dealer tried programing a different Maxima to my garage (to make sure the homelink was not defective) and it didn't work.

I didn't let it go without effort, as I left my old opener in the car I traded in for the Max and it was lost. The door rep said the secuity on the door would was probably the cause, bought another opener for $38 after I couldn't get the one in the Max to work. The dealer did find my original opener however (I traded in at 9:00 on a friday night, and my Mustang was sold at 9:00 the next morning to a wholesaler)... so happy ending, Until I traded in my Maxima and left the remote in there AGAIN, this time the out-of-town dealer said they couldn't find it.

·
Registered
884 Posts
OK!!! Here is how to do it!!! Not hard.

Press two outer buttons until the light flashes to show that the unit is cleared out.

Then press and hold both the CENTER button and your garage opener button until the light flashes. After flashes, let go.

Now press the center button again on the Homelink panel and note to self that the garage door didn't open.

Now.... Go in your garage, get up on the ladder and press the "learn" or whatever it is called button on the unit hanging from the ceiling. On my unit, it was the only button that was on it. After pressing the button on the unit hanging from the garage ceiling, a light flashed above the button.

Now... go back to the car and press and release the same CENTER button. Nothing should happen. Now press and release it a second time and the door should now close and the flashing light on the garage door opener unit should go out.

This is how I did it on my car. Good luck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
c5hardtop said:

I only tried mine a couple of times, but I was sure I was doing it correctly. A dealer rep came to my house to try it and they couldn't get it. The dealer tried programing a different Maxima to my garage (to make sure the homelink was not defective) and it didn't work.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Well, there isn't any guarantee that it'll work on all openers...kinda like a universal remote for your TV I guess. I checked my garage opener and its a Lift-Master professional line....a brand that I have seen in Home Depot, and one thats seems to be popular with builders around here as I have seen it in a lot of new houses when I was looking, but oh well, the thing isn't that critical anyway.

Kevin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts