The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I replaced the front bumper of my 2010 Altima Coupe. It didn't come with the tow eye cap so I ordered an OEM one and it doesn't fit. Any parts experts able to help me decide which part to order next? This is the last thing I need before getting the car to the paint booth.

I bought my bumper cover (REPN010344PQ) on

It came without the cap so I ordered (622A0-JB100) on

They then emailed me saying this was incorrect, and I instead needed (622A1-ZX00H) stating this was because of my build date.

The one I ordered says "coupe" in the description online. The one they sent says "sedan" in the description online. I called my local Nissan dealership too and they said that the part I was sent was correct for my VIN. I contacted CarParts.com to see if they had the "replacement" brand part for it and they do not.

My VIN is 1N4BL2EP7AC126427 and my build date is 12/09. I'm really unsure what to do because Nissan is confident 622A0-JB100 is the wrong part because of my cars build date and that 622A0-JB100 is correct. I asked if their system potentially recognized my build date but not that is was a coupe, they said no.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upon further research - Carparts.com shows this is guaranteed to fit my car. But it also says it fits 2010-2013.

Just for the heck of it I looked up 2011-2013 Coupes, and they all have the same exact part number displaying (622A1-ZX10H).
This is different from the 622A0-JB100 listed for the 2010 coupe. I still don't understand why Nissan says to use 622A1-ZX00H though because my resources say that's for a sedan.

So although the bumper cover fits fine, the tow eye cap is barely different enough to stop me. This will probably also explain why my fog light bezels didn't fit. So I guess that will be my next headache to solve.

Would anyone disagree that I should order something other than 622A1-ZX10H? These things are $8 a pop then I have to continue waiting for shipping. I'm really ready to get this car painted so I can drive it!

As always, I appreciate any words of wisdom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts