The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 3.5 and I can't find the AC low side port to re-charge. Any ideas what's up? I've googled (passenger strut tower area, high side is there no low) and even traced from the compressor and still nothing. Any ideas guys??? Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Why dont you post a pic of your engine bay. I have a 3.5 and they are both there....in plain site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the pic! Mine has the high, the low is not there. If I knew how to post a pic here from my phone, you guys can see what I see. Can it be somewhere else besides passenger side strut tower???

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for the pic! Mine has the high, the low is not there. If I knew how to post a pic here from my phone, you guys can see what I see. Can it be somewhere else besides passenger side strut tower???
then just post the pic on imgur dot com and add the link here. Or post on some other hosting site and link here.

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Look at the compressor about 4 inches from where the low pressure hose attaches. IF someone has replaced that hose before, they may have installed it backwards (I dont think its possible but.....)

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Ok so trace further up from the strut area up under the large bundle of wires in this pic. The port has to be on this line. Did you buy this car used or new? Can you take a wide shot of your engine bay showing whats in the pic above as well as maybe a few shots between the rad....looking at the compressor. Ever had AC work performed of any kind?

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Trace the line all the way back under the cowl. It may be up under the cowl/windshield area, behind the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
You still didnt answer my questions. If you wont answer my questions my help will stop here because were just 2 blind mice......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ok so trace further up from the strut area up under the large bundle of wires in this pic. The port has to be on this line. Did you buy this car used or new? Can you take a wide shot of your engine bay showing whats in the pic above as well as maybe a few shots between the rad....looking at the compressor. Ever had AC work performed of any kind?
Scooped up the car from my mother, she bought it new. Just looked into her service records... Dealer replaced low side hose in March of last yr because of leak.

Soooo why is there no port on the replacement??? Have you seen this before? I'll get more picz up today.

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
I have NEVER seen anything like this before. I would take that service record, go BACK to that dealership, and simply ask them to SHOW you where the port is. Nothing more. If they ask, dont tell them anything other than you are merely curious as you cant seem to locate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did we look under the black vent hose ? I think its safe to say if it's this hard for you to locate the service valve you should let a Professional Service the air conditioning
View attachment 79370

2014 Altima SS
Looked everywhere, still no port. I am mechanically inclined, been drag racing for over 20yrs, rebuild motors etc. Still scratching my head as to why no low side port on the replacement hose. Will call the dealer and see what's up.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Looked everywhere, still no port. I am mechanically inclined, been drag racing for over 20yrs, rebuild motors etc. Still scratching my head as to why no low side port on the replacement hose. Will call the dealer and see what's up.
Well even the best of us are stumped once in awhile, if your looking for your service port I'm guessing the system is warm & loosing its charge.
Usly a nitrogen charge to test for a leak is a good idea, if you just charge it most likely will go flat again.

2014 Altima SS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Took it down to the dealer... even they were stumped! After some digging, they found out it's an updated hose from Nissan with no low side port. Refrigerant was low, they re-charged and added dye, and sent me on my way no charge. No leaks under hood from what I was told, it may be under dash! 6.5 hour job... that's gonna cost a GRIP!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Took it down to the dealer... even they were stumped! After some digging, they found out it's an updated hose from Nissan with no low side port. Refrigerant was low, they re-charged and added dye, and sent me on my way no charge. No leaks under hood from what I was told, it may be under dash! 6.5 hour job... that's gonna cost a GRIP!
Ok cool.

2014 Altima SS

1 - 20 of 22 Posts