The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm finally ready to put my amps and subs in my Altima. Ive had it since last August and I cant stand having just the factory sound anymore. I already have my four channel amp as well as my mono amp for the subs. All the wiring i need and everything else is already ready. Im not changing out the stock HU because I love the convenience of everything. The question I have, since I havent done an install in about 8 years is how many line output converters would I need total for the 4 channel amp and sub installation. My install buddy at best buy was telling me Id need 3. Two to grab the signals for the front and rear channels behind the HU and the 3rd to tap into the rear speakers for the sub signal. It makes sense, but I recall the setup I had in my Grand Prix only using two. I used 2 behind the HU and for the subs I THINK my crossover fed a signal to the sub output from the front signals. Does this sound right, I cant remember for sure. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW I attached a pic of the crossovers Im looking at. I had the Lanzar previously

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea im gonna get one of the android HU later this summer after my wedding. I've already got pioneer 6.5s and 6x9s that im gonna put in as well.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yea im gonna get one of the android HU later this summer after my wedding. I've already got pioneer 6.5s and 6x9s that im gonna put in as well.
Well I think youl need 3 converters and a bass knob for the sub/s
In my sentra I accessed the speaker lines in the passenger foothold for the converters nit 100% on the altima
2014 Altima SS

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was initially thinking 3 but i cant remember or not if the crossover will feed a signal for the subs. I feel like i only used 2 last time. I'll look into the footwell on mine as well

·
Registered
488 Posts
I was initially thinking 3 but i cant remember or not if the crossover will feed a signal for the subs. I feel like i only used 2 last time. I'll look into the footwell on mine as well
You are correct you could split the back speakers/converter for the subs so only 2 that way
You would need a y adapter for rca out

2014 Altima SS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts