Leather
Tint - $225 @ Tint King
AC
Automatic Seatbelts
HUD (Heads up Display)
Trunk has Lightning Audio "Dynamat" - $75
Licence plate and behind the rear bumper have Dynamat as well
Have Silver Door Handles in garage - From Dan I - $25
Have Rear Disc Conversion in garage (Calipers have been sandblasted and painted aluminum) - From Dan I - $300

Problems:

*Little rust spots/specs in the trunk (MINOR)
*Car was in a minor accident a while back which broke the front headlights, grill, bent the hood, bent the rad support & bent the radiator at the top a very long time ago-Surprisingly enough the bumper nor fenders were even touched. Rad support has NOT been replaced but doesnt need to be...been running fine for 2 years.
* I shaved the front emblem on the grill and the trunk emlem...its primered white right now...cant really tell the color difference.

I can't really remember exactly how much I spent off the top of my head but have reciepts for most things but some I just payed cash...All of the items below have been replaced within the last 2 years alone. The car just hates me...I have had the worst luck with it...but what can you do.

Parts Replaced-Everything replaced is Original Nissan parts unless stated other wise:

01) Distributor - $600
02) Tranny (Rebuild) - $1500
03) All Drive Belts - $200
04) Battery (Nissan)- $200
05) Alternator (Nissan Rebuild) - $250
06) Both Drive Axels - $225
07) Both CV Boots - $100
08) All power steering Hoses - $225
09) Both Front Calipers - $500
10) Both Front Pads - $90
11) All 4 Summer Tires (Toyo Spectra's 205/60/15) - $600
12) All 4 Winter Tires (Nokian Hakka's 195/65/15) - $600
13) Radiator (Koyo) - $300
14) Radiator Shrout - $40
15) Both Radiator Fans & Motors - $100
16) Front Engine Mount - $400
17) 1 Fuel Injector - $200
18) AC Pulley & Tensioner - $45
19) Right Rear Window Switch/Regulator & Relay - $75
20) Front Driver Switch and Dimmer Switch - $45
21) Valve Cover Gasket - $25 (I was going to paint it...arg)
22) Fuel Filter - $30
23) Front Brake Lines - $25
34) Spark Plugs & Wires & Cap & Rotor - $225

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
lol..at those prices I wish I was your mechanic. You won't get more than 4-4500 for that car unless it's in imaculate condition. I've put in well over 20k into my car and I wouldn't ask more than 8-9000 for it.....

·
Keepin' It Real
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It only has 125 000 kms - 94000 miles...and those numbers/prices are ballparks...i cant really remeber but they are fairly close.

First Gen Altimas especially 93-94 are crap! These cars have so many fricking problems and I dont drive my car like a jackass or not take car of it...its just breaks down all the time.

I dont even care...Im just gonna give it to my mom and buy something else if I cant sell it!

·
I'm the drunk member
1,196 Posts
94 000mi - 150 000km
And how do u know that 93 - 94 brake all the time? U owned atleast 10 of them to test reliability?
I have a 94 altima now and it doesn't have that much problems. And before I used to have 94 altima i was flooring it on every stop sign, for a period of 20,000km and it was at 200k on the odometer, and still engine runned fine after that.

·
Registered
989 Posts
would your rear disc brakes work on a 2nd gen? if so, i'll grab em from you in a few weeks, if thats cool with you...i've wanted to do the rear disc conversation for quite a while!

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
CoLoSSuS said:
It only has 125 000 kms - 94000 miles...and those numbers/prices are ballparks...i cant really remeber but they are fairly close.
First Gen Altimas especially 93-94 are crap! These cars have so many fricking problems and I dont drive my car like a jackass or not take car of it...its just breaks down all the time.
lol...If anything 93-94 models are more reliable as they have fewer emmisions and restrictions. I've got 160k on mine and sure I've had the usual wear and tear problems as well as a few that weren't so common, but it happens. After all the car is over 12 years old. Just beware if your using a private mechanic, maybe call nissan and ask them what they charge for the job before commiting to Joe schmoe whom you think is cutting you a deal. Anyways good luck in whatever you decide to do.

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
CoLoSSuS said:
First Gen Altimas especially 93-94 are crap!
Uhhh...no. Nissan used higher quality parts and put more energy into properly building Altimas in those years than any other, except maybe for the launch year of the current body style (2002).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts