The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if one can ever be finished fixing up their car, but I'm almost done with mine. This past weekend I got iCE (yeah, i know about time):) . I'll post some pics of the dvd player, etc. tonight. NOSHAME (Jason) talked me into upgrading the sound, so I'll be getting an amp & subwoofer this upcoming weekend. Maybe get a dyno on Saturday. Anyone in the bay area interested? The last thing I want to do is get a turbo system. My friend is working on that. At first he wanted to build a SC, but after more consideration he thinks a turbo would be easier to build than a SC. I'm glad he finally changed his mind :). Having a turbo under the Altima's hood would be way cooler than a SC. Mmm..twin-turbos in a couple of months. :)
Can't believe how much time & money I've devoted to the car. Damnit I could have bought a BMW 330 by now! hehe
Funny thing is, all I ever wanted were tinted windows. When the mod bug bites, it bites HARD. ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Very Nicely done, not ricey.

·
Registered
405 Posts
TweekersAltima said:
well keep it up man....try and get the dyno b4 you get the heavy sound system stuff....Your altima is the ONLY velvet beige altima that I like. Beautiful!
Well thanks, Tweakers.....but I can't mod mine, remember I'm BROKE or else mine would look like that too.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
lol....sorry RJ, i never was a fan of the velvet beige. I understand the whole broke thing. I'm broke too. I didn't mean to insult all the other velvet beige owners...truth is, i'd take a velvet beige 3.5 over my sivler 2.5 anyday, lol. Can't wait to see how un-ricified yours will be when you do fix it up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Navigation DVD player in center, CD changer at right

In-dash DVD player w/ screen closed

In-dash DVD player w/ screen up

two remote controls (1 for nav, 1 for dvd)

The navigation system in the trunk can also play DVD movies, but I didn't want to swap in-out DVDs for Nav. and movies, so I ended up with two DVD players in the car...hehe...gosh, what a waste.

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
Caliboy said:

Navigation DVD player in center, CD changer at right

your links are fuked.. you have two, http:// 's in the link.. but anyways you have the same setup I have had since I bought my car.. same navi, tv, dvd.. good choice you will love it!! best damn navi I have ever had..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In case you ever wondered how JerryJ can afford all his toys...he owns all those town houses in the pic....hehe

tekie, how do you like the tv tuner? I was thinking of getting one, but the dealer said the tv quality wasn't that good.

·
Registered
495 Posts
CALIBOY::

hey man for some reason your 19" wheels look so small... im surprise you also have such a gap for sportline springs?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the 19s look small b/c my tires are a little taller than stock so maybe that's why they look smaller than other 19s. But trust me, I measured them myself with a ruler and they are 19". I don't think the car shop I bought them from would rip me off. *damn, now I feel like double-checking..hehe*

About the wheel gap...in the pic the black tires disappear in the black wheel gap so you really can't tell where the tire ends and where the wheel gap begins. But I can only fit 1 finger between the tires and fender.

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
yo brian, ill find out tomm about the beat, also let me know i want to get my dyno as well, i think Sean is interested as well. Also, Rishie might have a hook up for the dyno as well...

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
caliboy,

I had a generic tuner at first and it was garbage.. and I changed it to the pionner tv tuner with the pioneer antennas, and I get crystal clear picutures, wether I am stopped or moving.. perfect.. I would recommend it highly..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts