The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car jerks!

Hi all,

I just put in a new distributor on my 1996 Altima on Wednesday afternoon and today my car is jerking a lot in the front when I start accelerating after a stop sign or a get the green light signal.
My car continues to jerk while I'm driving.

Do you know what's causing this? A bad distributor or something else?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peterson,

what do you mean? Are you asking why did I post this? If so, I just trying to get opinions on the possible problems from you guys the car experts before I take it to a mechanic and possibly get ripped off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Peterson,

I got the distributor from Precison Tune Auto Care. This is the second distributor they put on my Altima after the first one they installed last Thursday had a bad Camshaft position sensor which caused my car to die frequently and had to restart over and over again. Precision's machine coundn't diagnose the bad Camshaft position sensor. I had to take my car to the dealer and paid for their diagnostic check to find out about the bad Camshaft position sensor. I then sent my car back and gave Precision a copy of the dealer's diagnostic check. Precision installed a new distributor on Wednesday and reimbursed me the money I paid for the dealer's diagnostic check. And now, my car is jerking after they install their 2nd distributor.

I didn't have any of these problems prior to having to get a new distributor.

·
f*cked up repugnant sh*t
7,745 Posts
also just for the hell of it i would check the wiring over....i had the same exact symptoms of jerking a few weeks ago and it just turned out to be a loose wire.
just $.02 from car novice........

·
Space Boy
1,144 Posts
Peterson said:
Sorry...

Your post says Car Jerks...I thought it was funny. It was a joke, like you are a car jerk....

Nevermind.....
hehe I thought the same thing!:D

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yes, I must agree with my grease monkey bretheren--DO NOT take this wrong, I respect all of you guys and I do almost all of my own repairs too-just kidding---anyway, Petie , I mean, Mr.
Peterson is right. Distributors from almost anywhere but Nissan
is trouble, just like alternators or any other electrical crap mass
produced. I just happened to get a used one off another Alty
that was being repoed for the labor not being paid for and has
lasted 6 mos so far. Hope you get it straightened out, believe me, your car dying on the interstate in traffic at 75 can cause more problems than coming up w/ 5 or 600 dollars for a genuine part!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts