The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help! Got a 2005 nissan maxima sl 3.5 l v6 automatic trans. A month ago i was driving vehicle and it stalled out on me and wouldnt start. Towed home and then started trouble shooting. I started with fuel pump. Took it out of the gas tank and saw gas in it was a brownish murky color. So i emptied my gas tank aswell. Then i hooked fuel pump back up and tried to start it no start. So i went and replaced my crankshaft position sensor thinking it might be that. Then i was messing with the fuel pump and i didnt realize you werent suppose to turn it upside down cause whatever is in the filter can come back up through the line. Well thats exactly what happened. I hooked the pump back up and tried to start car. No start. Took off the fuel line to pump and put a cup under inlet and turned key several times and gas came shooting out but it was blackish color. So is there a way to clean that fuel filter in the fuel pump module assembly or do i have to buy a new assembly. I know taking it apart is hell and the lines will break in process i tried it out at junk yard just to see how to take it apart and thats what happened. I know my pump is good and its getting power to it and theres fuel flow but the filter in there is full of something cause of the color of the gas coming out of it. Any suggestions!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts