The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
R.I.P. 97 Altima :(
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier tonight I wuz drivin up to a light and sumtimes ill throw mah car in nutreal and just cruz up to tha light (yes its auto) well when I did that the engine shut off, still had voltage but the engine shut off. the last time that happened to me I wuz drivin a van and ended up the van needed a new tranny. Could that be the case here?? Is mah tranny goin bad?? Any info would be helpful. Like if that is so, anyone know any good tranny shops in Richmond,Va??

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
I hope your not dropping your alty from nutreal. If so thats really bad for the tranny and you want want to have it checked out. But I don't think the car dieing is from the Transmission. check the alternator and battery cables. Also what about the RPM's are they normal at idle or what?

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
infamousscarecrow said:
i remember you doing the massive neutral drops in the van...:D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
NO NO I aint doin that wit mah alty. I take care of the alty. And dmonger i dont think its electric cuz mah headlights and interior lights stayed on, just the engine cut off. And asleepaltima wha you mean by get sum fuel??

·
Malfunctioning Member
3,107 Posts
I have the same problem, it'll idle fine. Then the idle will suddenly drop and cut-off. I have no clue what the problem could be. :confused:

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
OneAltima2see said:
And asleepaltima wha you mean by get sum fuel??
i take it youre not getting my humor... or maybe you are...
my old engine did that once in a great while too, ill be curious to see if this one does too. im using all new sensors, which is what i bet the problem is, so its gonna be hard to tell what was doing it in the first place....

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
I think he was trying to be funny... but it may be that your fuel pressure regulator is going bad, or perhaps your fuel pump... or your fuel-injectors are dirty. It sounds like it's something with your fuel-system because as it's delivering MORE fuel, there's no problem, but when you decrease the amount of fuel delivery, you're either sucking air into your fuel system, or not sucking fuel at all. Put some fuel-injector cleaner into your next tank of gas, and see if that resolves the problem.

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
asleepaltima said:
i take it youre not getting my humor... or maybe you are...
my old engine did that once in a great while too, ill be curious to see if this one does too. im using all new sensors, which is what i bet the problem is, so its gonna be hard to tell what was doing it in the first place....
Sorry I missed that, didnt know you where joking. Dumb me:bonk:

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
OneAltima2see said:
See I thought it may be the fuel pump/regulator/injectors but I just had a fuel system tune up a few weeks ago. Sooo I rulled that out.
Just because it was done by a shop, doesn't necessarily mean that it was done right. They might have forgotten to hook up some vacuum line or something. It might be a good idea to take it back to the shop that did your fuel-system tune-up and tell them that the problems came up after they did their tune-up (your car didn't do this before right?).

·
1,484 Posts
I had this happen before, but all it was, was my coil wires were loose. I then made sure both the power and negative wire going to the coil were securly attached.

·
Registered
14 Posts
this happened to my 93 alty, all you have to do is buy some electrical cleaner from a auto store, disconnect the distibutor and pull it apart. If you spray the electral cleaner on the distributor it will begin to work and dissolve all of the oil componets on the distributor. then reput the distributor back on. It should work fine after that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts