The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Altima 2.5, My car wouldnt start this morning, and I got it jumped. It then ran, and drove for 20 minutes to work. I parked it, and when I attempted to restart it right after, it would not start. I know this is a classic case of a alternator problem, but my car only has 60k miles on it, and I've read that these can go for at least 100k miles. Is it common to have a alternator problem, 60k miles?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
2015 Altima 2.5, My car wouldnt start this morning, and I got it jumped. It then ran, and drove for 20 minutes to work. I parked it, and when I attempted to restart it right after, it would not start. I know this is a classic case of a alternator problem, but my car only has 60k miles on it, and I've read that these can go for at least 100k miles. Is it common to have a alternator problem, 60k miles?
No, but it is common for 4 year old batteries to fail. Replace battery, clean terminals, and happy motoring.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
"I know this is a classic case of an alternator problem..."

After being on this forum for a while, I see this reaction on a regular basis.

Why is it that people assume a worst case and expensive outcome?

Just on this forum, I would guess that for every verified "bad" alternator post, we have 20 or more posts that turn out to be bad/weak/defective batteries or corrosion on the battery terminals.

Why aren't people aware that batteries, like tires, are 'wear out' items?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts