The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car had been acting funny for about 2 weeks, the brake and battery light kept blinking when I would be driving. So on Friday night, everything shut down when I was driving, the headlights, the radio and the engine turned off. I eventually got it to jump and took it up to Advance Auto parts, the guy tested it for me and told me I needed a new alternator, so I bought one and put it on right there. The guy came out and tested the new one for me before I left and everything was fine. So today, the battery and brake lights are lighting up again, also my headlights get brighter when I accelerate...any ideas what could be going on before I take it up to the Nissan dealer and fork over some big bucks?

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
While it hasn't happened to me, you wouldn't be the first one on here to get a bad reman alternator.

·
4,020 Posts
The voltage regulator in the alternator is bad, that is why your getting the power surges under acceleration. That happened to me once. Just go get another one. Good thing they're not hard to replace.

·
Registered
48 Posts
reman alty alternators suck badly ive gone through aboutseven of them just keep warrantying them i got no problems now i got a 140 amp ho alternator in there nothing like knowing your never going to have electrical problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts