The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! So, I have a 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 special edition. The car will absolutely not start. I’ve changed the battery, done everything I can find on google, and nothing works. When I try to start the car, the engine doesn’t even attempt to turn over. There’s a yellow/orange key on the dash that I’ve never seen before. The car is detecting my key. Brake lights work, interior lights work, but headlights, radio, horn, and dash doesn’t not work. The dash does not light up at all. If I turn my high beams on, the blue light will show on the dash, but my headlights don’t actually come on. The little screen on the dash will light up to explain to push the brake and button to start, but it won’t start. I’m not sure what to do. Doesn’t have the steering sensor issue that seems common for these cars, as my car doesn’t even have the lock mechanism or fuse. Where do I go from here?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay if it ain’t the steering column, [ highly doubt] .. check the break pedal sensor.. try to wiggle it and if you can disconnect it then reconnect it see if it turns on . . It costs 20$ or less on amazon to replace . Go with that and if it still doesn’t .. could be a bad starter since you change the battery . Does it have a clicking sound when you Try to start ? Rapid clicking ? I had a similar issue as yours with my 2009 Maxima and turn out to be a bad starter .

so good luck... bad starter . If not.. bad ecm ?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
The key light is for intelligent key, it may not be close enough to start or the battery in it is dying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check the fuse on the positive cable for the battery, there's actually multiple fuses built in if I remember correctly. Best way to describe it is it's the part the attaches to the positive battery terminal.

·
Remi 12 - 2.5SL
143 Posts
Have you tried plugging the key into the slot on the lower left of the dash? The slot is there just in case the fob has a battery too low to communicate with the car properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem except my Dash light do work except for when I push the start button they die like I don't have a good battery but it does nothing when I push the button again the dash lights come on again I've changed the brake pedal switch my steering wheel lock is out of the card by Nissan check all my fuses not sure but I'm beginning to think Mason on these cars pre-program to shut down at a certain mileage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts