The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was racing my friend in his sentra. And for some reason the car wouldn't go into fourth. It was past redline and the needle kept bouncing. I wasn't going past 95 so i don't know what is it by the way its a auto. please help me Oh and by the way i beat the sentra even without fourth gear.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay my oil and tranny fluid level was fine. My overdrive button was on(which means the button wasn't pushed on)I was thinking it was a vacuum leak but i'm not too sure on that. Could it really be a spark plug. i thought if a spark plug was gone teh car would run rough? thanks guys. like i said it's a auto

·
Banned
3,766 Posts
spacecase said:
okay my oil and tranny fluid level was fine. My overdrive button was on(which means the button wasn't pushed on)I was thinking it was a vacuum leak but i'm not too sure on that. Could it really be a spark plug. i thought if a spark plug was gone teh car would run rough? thanks guys. like i said it's a auto

wait, that makes it sound like you are saying the button wasnt depressed. That means its not on. Which means u only had three gears. Are your power windows working by chance??

·
RS-R = Authentic JDM
1,583 Posts
were you "manually" shifting evry gear? Either that did you by mistake have it in 3rd? also some advice, when your pegging the rev limiter, DONT keep hitting it repeatedly! :rolleyes: Its not that smart of a thing to do.

·
Banned
3,766 Posts
ok, try this right now

1.) you may have the overdrive button off. try it in both instances with it pushed in and otherwise.

2.) you may have blown a fuse. It prevented me from fourth gear myself at one point.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.