The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Boys & Girls! It's that time again...

As I understand it, I'm gonna have to cruise by MM's place in Solana Beach to pick up someone (FYI: 300ZX TT is a 2-seater).

I'd like to be in Palmdale/Lancaster in time for dinner... So here's the plan right now:

• MM's place by 4:30 at the latest.
  • Leave MM's place by 5:00 at the latest.
  • Oceanside to catch BA by 6:00 (Friday Traffic).
  • Palmdale/Lancaster by 7:30.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Demands? Post here, or don't complain! :D

·
Willow Springs, Turn 4
1,034 Posts
Works for me ! :D

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump. Geez! Things drop down the list fast in the West-Coast Forum. Almost as fast as the Off-Topic Forum. :p

·
Willow Springs, Turn 4
1,034 Posts
Did you get the schedule for the weekend ?

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. I'm tempted to get into HPDE 3 and 4 now. :D 10 cars on the big track is going to be seriously spread-out. :D

·
Yeah, I've got em
241 Posts
Why does noone ever consult me :confused:

I probably won't leave work before 6:00. Besides, if we leave at 7-7:30 there probably won't be as much traffic so time-to-BAs will be approx the same (not to mention less stressful for those of us with clutches to operate in traffic!:smack: ) IMO.

I signed up for HDPE3; there's only 10 cars!

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This IS the consultation. "Post Here or Don't Complain". :p

I spoke with the organizers of the event about the HPDE thing. If they don't recognize your name, regardless of what you sign up for, you're going into HPDE1. We can probably talk to them when we show up and tell them that we're not beginners. In fact, they told me that if you can convince the instructor of your driving skills, you can jump from HPDE1 to HPDE4, skipping everything in between... but the trick is that everyone starts in HPDE1, and AT MOST HPDE2... that's probably why HPDE1 and 2 are full.

If we leave SD at 7:30, we'll get there about 9:00-9:30, and that's too late IMO. We have the mandatory drivers' meeting at 7:45!!!

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Yeah, I've got em
241 Posts
Let's try 6:30 then. That should leave enough time for sleep.

If they make us go into HDPE1, then how do you propose to go into HDPE3?

I'll just probably fib my way in, if it takes a ride along, then so be it. Those instructors often have bigger heads than skill.

I just hope I don't f*#k up cause I just got my GCs in and I have no idea how my car will handle now.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GC's are linear-rate springs. They're completely predictable. Just approach the edge of the envelope slowly. :D

As for getting into the higher HPDE's, I'm gonna definitely try to talk to them to see if they'll just let me into the higher classes the first time (I've been e-mailing them for a while now), and if not, the most it will take is 1 ride-along with an instructor in the passenger seat.

·
Yeah, I've got em
241 Posts
That's good w/me. No way I'm going through rush hour traffic just to eat in Palmdale! Would rather eat in SD and hit the road with a full stomach and rested. You don't have to pick up anyone at my place.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MM said:
That's good w/me. No way I'm going through rush hour traffic just to eat in Palmdale! Would rather eat in SD and hit the road with a full stomach and rested. You don't have to pick up anyone at my place.
What happened to Cynthia & Ashton? :confused:

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Understood. Just remember to bring some barf bags. I'm not completely sure she can handle it. :p She freaked out once when I went around that onramp to the 56 really fast.

·
Yeah, I've got em
241 Posts
Like the GCs!

Worries were for naught. GCs handle well! I got a freakin racecar now! I "road tested" this morn and it seemed just perfect. Probably have to go in once more to level out the ride height and then get this sucker aligned. I got adj tension rods coming, hopefully I can have them in in time for alignment cause I want a little less caster; steering's still kinda heavy. Also hoping it will cure the vibration under braking problem that happened at Buttonwillow.

BTW: strike 3 for courtesy -- after all that they sent me the WRONG shocks! :angry2:

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Like the GCs!

MM said:
Also hoping it will cure the vibration under braking problem that happened at Buttonwillow.
That's the first sign of warped rotors... Time for a Brembo GT Big-Brake Kit. :D

·
Yeah, I've got em
241 Posts
That's a sign of shot tension rod bushings. Brake rotors would be detectable under moderate braking, this was only on very severe braking.

I still need to get those F-40 brembos though!

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey C30, are we gonna caravan or carpool? :confused:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts