Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Fiber Images

Votes: 5 27.8%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay....whos got a cf hood? lets see some pics.....im finaly getting a new hood and i need your help....

1) VIS?
or
2) Fiber Images?

lets see some pics to and feedback would be nice.
thanks.

I have a 1st Gen btw.

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
I heard that the Fiber Images is supposed to be unbelievably strong, but the VIS comes with holes predrilled for your windshield sprayers. I am not saying you would even want the sprayers still with a CF hood.

Is that true? Also, from what I have read, you have to take the rubber seal that runs along the front of your stock hood and somehow mount it onto the front of the CF hood, otherwise there is a huge gap between the hood and the front grill/lights.

·
I'm The Yellow Member
5,268 Posts
skizot said:

Also, from what I have read, you have to take the rubber seal that runs along the front of your stock hood and somehow mount it onto the front of the CF hood, otherwise there is a huge gap between the hood and the front grill/lights.
I head something like that too, that you had to get a seal from a dealer if you can't take it off or something.. :confused:

·
22,052 Posts
The Fiber Images is strong as shit. It gives because it doesn't have the bracing that the VIS has. The VIS seems more stiff, and must be heavier due to the bracing.

And yes, I posted about the rubber strip, and even listed the part number.

It's easy. I used carpet tape and some hot glue.

Without strip:

With strip...sorry, best I can do right now.

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
i wonder what a carbon fiber hood would look like on my car?

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts

Import Fan/GTP Knight Sport hood

fit 9/10
quality 3/10

·
altimas.net GOD
2,824 Posts
i want one too im hoping gtp where et got his will make one cuz i dont want to pay for theat freight shipping

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
The VIS CF hood is very, very nice. We researched both hoods before deiciding on the VIS. From my understanding the 2 main differences are that the edges are rolled on the VIS and they are not on the FI. And the VIS has the nozzles predrilled for the washer squirters. Quality on the hood is A+. The latch lines right up, there is a predrilled hole for the hood holder to fit right into, there are predrilled holes for you to move the little rubber strip from your old hood to the new hood that makes the seal with the front of your car and the hood. The hood IMO is an exact replica of the OE hood but in CF. I would give the VIS a 9.9 out of 10. Will post some pix in a minute.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
More pics because you asked.

and finally

Yes the Glasses are gone!!! I am cutting them into eyebrows so don't ask or comment on them please.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts