The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..i go to the gym everyday and i usually do 10 minutes of running on the treadmill after each workout. Sometime...not often..i get cramped up in my stomach. What causes these cramps and how can i avoid them? I only weight about 156, so i run a bit to try and loose the bit of fat over my abs. What else can i do to loose it?

·
No Way is The Way -B. Lee
1,079 Posts
cramps from running can mean a lot of things

-you ate greasy foods that day of the run
-too little water
-too much water
-lack of sleep
list goes on and on

you can run with the cramp, if u try to think of something else eventually it will go away, try staying hydrated and lay off the fast food for a while, it stopped all my cramps, i just ran today for my first time in a month and ran 4 miles :) not bad for starting all over again

·
Registered
536 Posts
That article explained it nicely. From my own experience it is from not enough fluids, poor (shallow) breathing and poor stretching.

·
1,079 Posts
that article is for cramps in the legs/feet, hes talking about stomach cramps which is mainly from bad foods/water/breathing problems, a lot of times if your running you dont usually get leg cramps, i noticed i got a lot more leg cramps from swimming because of the lack of air you take in and sometimes it happens randomly such as right when you wake up from a long nap

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
I do my cardio on the days in b/w my workouts, but i always do 10 mins. or so before my workouts to get warmed up.....

-Robb-

·
1,079 Posts
i do it afterwards, u need a lot of ur energy to get a good workout done, i suggest you run outside nicer view, will make you feel more relaxed than running on a stationary pad, also try to run at least 30 mins straight or even more, 10 mins isnt enough to get a nice run down

to warm up i usually just do stairs since its right next to the weight room

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
its talking about muscle cramps period, but uses legs as example mainly,

and as far as running, on average it doesnt matter, its not gonna make u sick to do it before or after wight lifting, unless u have a specific condition or sumn, but the avg person can do it before or after. Now if u have a specific goal it might make a diff when u do it, i believe, someone can correct me if im wrong, but i think doing cardio before lifting, promotes a toned slender body, so its good if u just wanna be thin, if u want to still be big and keep ur bulk, its better to run after, or iguess just run onur off day is prob even better.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
I just saw two different articles about this..............they said doing your cardio after your workout stimulates proper hormonal release, which promotes growth (better results)................

:cool:
-Robb-

·
1,079 Posts
altimate94 said:
I just saw two different articles about this..............they said doing your cardio after your workout stimulates proper hormonal release, which promotes growth (better results)................

:cool:
-Robb-

ya i read an article about that too, another reason why i run afterwards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts