The Nissan Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bad driver side moulding and when it rained all night, my carpet got soaked. I pried it up with a piece of wood and kept car running with heat on full. The top was dry but it's still wet from the bottom after 3 hours of heat. Should I just get it cleaned and dried from a detailer? Thanks for any help.

·
bvr etr
1,540 Posts
If it's soaked right through it would be a go idea to lift the carpet up and dry it out completly. If you don't you could end up with mold growing under the carpet, creating a bigger problem. Not to mention a bad smell.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Peterson, you got me thinkin a little so I just went out and checked under the hood. Oil is clean and full as is the antifreeze. All else looks good and is running fine, as before. BTW, the temp gauge was normal while it was at idle, if that matters. Thanks again

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Victor, its better than it was. I pried the carpet up and put a piece of wood under it and let the car run with heat on for a few hours yesterday, yea I know, Peterson all ready told me not to do that again. Car is fine though. Anyway, its still cold here in upstate ny so I dont have to worry about mold yet do I? Do I need a garage to use the fan idea? I can always just have it done by a detailer. Would look nice too.

·
Banned
21,813 Posts
detailer is not gonna get under the carpet.....he is gonna wet it all again with shampoo.

Get to a car wash and use their vaccuums. Suck up as much as you can....then take the car home, and spray Lysol antibacterial spray onto the carpet, and under it. Place a fan on one side of the car, and use a hairdryer on the other side, and work your way all the around. It will dry and be fine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
will the fan deal work if I do it outside? Does it matter if its still cold out, or should I wait till it warms up? its about 20-30 degrees out most days. do I have to take the carpet out? thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.