The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does if matter if the cat comes first or the resonator ?

I need to quite down the catback i got . It has one resonator i figured either put another one on or possibly add a highflow cat to make it legit.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got that custom magnaflow from the groupbuy. When you add the hotshot header and no cat its a little overwhelming for me. I Know some people like it that way but for me its too much.
It bugs the **** out of me cuz i usually do 2000-3000 rpms crusingin around the higway and its too loud at that range. I got the worst ****in headache today going pretty far on the highway.

Oh well if the cat wont really work i guess ill just get another resonator. I love the sound and tone but just tooooo loud for me.
But it was kinda cool when i reversed down my block and set off 3 alarms hehe.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have to add though, All that bullshit about loosing low end power... i dunno i dont feel it. I think you just need the right combination of piping and addons.
I got 2 1/2 to match up to the 2" hotshot.
The real boost was 5000-redline. It pulls WAY harder than before.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
im debating about a high flow cat, or just a resonator to replace the cat. right now, I have a stock cat with 111K on it, and my car failed emissions bad. the NOx levels where more than twice the limits. so I may just go with a high flow cat, and sell the resonator I have that is a direct bolt on replacement for the stock cat. as for the sound, I love the sound the car makes at 2500rpms to 4000rpms. it sounds very deep, and the car is very responsive at that range

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i agree with that car feels much much better overall but i definatly feel an extra push up high. Its only been a few hours and ive been getting used to it.
What may make me keep it is that my wife actually did not mind. I though she would throw a fit lol, but my friends car sounds worse.. his is rusted to hell though lol. All she said is, its not that bad his car is worse. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
omegax said:
But it was kinda cool when i reversed down my block and set off 3 alarms hehe.
hahaha that is pretty cool
my neighbor has a harley and has several "biker" parties. its cool cause i get to see some nice chopers and harleys but they sometimes get loud. anyways i like to rev my car as i leave to work or what ever to set of his trucks alarm. it only chirps but once i get my greddy sp2 and h/s headers im sure we can have a noise competion.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn harleys!!!
They are that loophole in the damn law.
Cars in new york anyway need to be under 95 decibls i belive. While damn harleys can be as loud as they freaking want!

·
Registered
163 Posts
omegax said:
damn harleys!!!
They are that loophole in the damn law.
Cars in new york anyway need to be under 95 decibls i belive. While damn harleys can be as loud as they freaking want!
ehh true but how many harleys do you see in a regular day? compared to super loud imports?

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but when they come , you cant miss them heeh i remmber they had a toys for tots drive i heard them from MILES down. about200 + bikers. I though it was armageddon

·
Registered
163 Posts
^^^hahaha yeah they can be kinda really loud
i dunno bikers can be like ricers sometimes, they just rev and rev the engine when there is a croud around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts