The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got back from my cottage, 2 months without Internet really gets to you. Since then I got..
2 JL's in a sealed
2 200w 2-way pioneer 6x9's (<-- which was a bitch to put in)
2 180w 2-way alpine 5x7's

I got a 130w Alpine amp running my 5x7's, an old shitty 320w Boss amp running my 6x9's, and a pheonix gold 180w amp running my 10s (the 320 originally runned the 10s, but my phoenix gold pounds them so much harder). My deck is ****ed, so the left channel (+) doesn't work, so everything is double bridged.

My problem now though, Im back in the city so im starting to get paranoid about my car getting broken into, so I need a safe place to put my amps, i was thinking about cutting a piece of wood the same size as the trunk bottomm, and rasing and putting the amps undernieth, but that would look nasty, or against the back of the back seats, or removing some of the cushioning from the back seats and putting them there (< i would worry about heat though). any suggestions.
btw my system pounds with just my 180 pg running my 10s. And a lot of people love the quality of sound in my car, since everyone else has stock speakers with subs and only bass

·
<for hire>
2,769 Posts
depends.. how much trunk space do you want to have?? Perhaps put up a wall of mdf that completely hides the subs and amp.. but that would leave you with little room for stuff in your trunk.

Are you that worried about getting your shit getting jacked?? Do you have an alarm (quality is an issue here also)?

·
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, I am going to get an alarm. But Im not sure what's good, and how much to spend on a good one.

·
<for hire>
2,769 Posts
Thom said:
ya, I am going to get an alarm. But Im not sure what's good, and how much to spend on a good one.
after doing a ton of research about them, I'm going to recomend VIPER... everybody says they're the shit... and they've been around for years.. it's what I'm getting :)

·
Mine's bigger than yours
401 Posts
assassin said:

after doing a ton of research about them, I'm going to recomend VIPER... everybody says they're the shit... and they've been around for years.. it's what I'm getting :)
yeah pretty much viper's the shit. I want one of those newer ungo alarms with the lcd pagers on them, they look badass..

·
<for hire>
2,769 Posts
sleepa said:

yeah pretty much viper's the shit. I want one of those newer ungo alarms with the lcd pagers on them, they look badass..
my buddy has one... not worth it... by the time the signal gets to the pager, it's too late... however, you can get one of those added onto the viper alarm anyways

·
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im gonna look into the Viper. btw, today I went to home hardware got some wood, carpet, and lots of velcro. So first I velcroed my bottom carpet down, so it doesn't bunch up from my subs moving, then I did a double sided velcro from my box, to the carpet, so my box stays put now. Then I took that black corrugated plastic sheet out, made a copy of it with the wood, carpeted it, screwed my amps on to it, drilled some holes for my wires, and screwed it up with an L-bracket. it looks ****ing hype now, can barely see any wires. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts