The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sony CDX-2180 and i am thinking about putting my brother 2 - 10" JLAudio W0's subs in my 1995 Altima GXE powered by a 350 watt kenwood(i dont want anything that will rumble the car beside you and have then s**t their pants; i jsut wnat something that will give me good bass for really cheap(having my brothers is cheap). I am wondering what i would have to do to make this work or would the subs even work with the cd player? If the cd player doesnt work i want to get the Alpine CDA7892. That alpine is really nice. I also want to upgrade my speakers; what does anyone recoomend?(i dont want to amp the reg speakers or anythig that is way expensive..i am in HS and dont have that much$$$...) Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
What do you mean regarding the compatability of the subs and cd player? Is it broken or half broken or what? Any decent brand cd player (or non-though you may regret a cheap one later) should work fine w/an amp and subs. I have 2 10W0s in a Powerwedge box w/ a USAcoustics 300 (somewhat underrated)watt amp pushing them though the amp is not maxed. (My head unit is old and pushing less than 1v through preamps so I'm waiting to fine tune when I get a new CD player-DEHP3500) They sound fine and are set somewhere around 80hz I believe. According to JL's site and graphs, they don't recommend over 125 per sub though I always hear they are really underrated and can handle more. Don't know if they sound better at a higher/lower frequency though. Make sure you have a good box too, everything hooked up correctly, and use some decent quality wiring, etc. (BTW, I used a Scoshce 300w kit w/ no probs, noise or otherwise.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts