The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting rid of verizon (which SUCKS!) I was looking at Nextel or alltell. I'm leaning more towards nextel but Is one better than the other?

·
say when.....
1,504 Posts
Hey Tara.............I hear that Nextel is better than Alltell. I've had Sprint for five years, and the service has been great. Well, except when I am on the Skyway bridge......

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have decided to go with Nextel. Seems to be the popular choice down here.

Thanks! :)

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
T-Mobile sucks!! When I went to Ft Myers I had no service the whole time. I didn't get to use my phone until I went to Ft Myers Beach (one signal bar) and then when I returned to Orlando on the way back north. Only reliable coverage seems to be over Miami, the eastern coast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Verizon Wireless...

Verizon Wireless is Consumer Reports best all-around cellphone company in the United States. I have Cingular Wireless and their new GSM network sucks! But I've heard really good things from Verizon customers. So, check them out before you go to a below average cellphone company like Nextel, which is rated very low with cosumer reports (IMHO).

Good Luck!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nextel..specially if your friends/family have it. You will see it is getting very popular down here in Florida...pretty soon you will be asking people for their DC# (DirectConnect -walkie talkie). It is also used by many companies.

·
<--the next 4 years!!!
481 Posts
i had cingular and hated it. i hooked up my brothers nextel and it took all of 7 hours on the phone to get everything straightened out. simply put, they're idiots. plus, he gets crappy service in s. fla. i just switched to verizon as soon as i moved to tampa and i have great signal strength but the customer service sucks. they pro-rated my bill for the month w/ out notifying me and i got billed $65 in overtime usage. everytime i called up, they said there was nothing they could do and no one else above them (i.e. supervisors) who could do shit. now i'm stuck w/ them for two years. oh yeah, the nextel direct connect is pretty damn cool though. great for making your friends look like asses in public.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I like all of the inputs listed.... here is the lowdown the cellphone market here in FL...

Nextel is great if most of your contacts have it also, this way you can take advantage of the DC (Direct Connect) feature, and in the entire state of FL is free with your plan coverage... however if you have a relative lets say in NY every time you DC it will cost you 15cents each and every time.. this will become costly... as for their Cell phone service.. their networks is not all that great, depending on where your at you may sometimes drop calls or may not be extremly clear... but for the most part it's great... most of their new phones comes with a SIM Card, but you can not take that SIM card out and use it in another phone... it won't work, only make emergency calls (911) which all phones are able to do with or without a SIM card or service....its the LAW...

Now for all of the other carriers....Sprint runs on CDMA, AT&T runs on TDMA and GSM... Verizon runs on TDMA...T-Mobile & Cingular runs on GSM... this is all of the types of networks (Systems) they use....with CDMA or TDMA none of their phones comes with the SIM card.... only the GSM model type phones comes with it... the beauty of the SIM Card is that, that is what actually gets activated...the phone IMEI# (Serial #) is just used to register the phone on the network..... lets say you drop your phone in water and it's now damage.. if you had saved your contact list to your SIM card (which I always recommend people to do)... then all you need to do is take your SIM card out and put it into another GSM phone...and your good to go....no down time, and no need to call Cust Serv.....

Also you need to look at your area and see what type of coverage they all offer... in FL Cingular is suppose to have the largest coverage area since they are really Bellsouth... AT&T is also ok... and so is T-Mobile... with T-Mobile they offer serv in other country if you are traveler... Europe, etc..... they are also big in major cities around the USA...NY, Cali, ATL, Miami..etc...their cust serv is great (IMO)... all the rest is not so great when it comes to getting help.... I hope this info helps you out.... let me know if you have any questions.....

Thanks,
Eddiesalsa

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
Eddiesalsa said:
most of their new phones comes with a SIM Card, but you can not take that SIM card out and use it in another phone... it won't work, only make emergency calls (911) which all phones are able to do with or without a SIM card or service....its the LAW...
dont know who fed you that line of bullshit.. you can pull your sim card out of a i730 and throw it in a i830 with no problems.. and several other phones.. just have to make sure it is a phone that is compatible with the new 64k sims they are using in phones... newer sims in old phones still work though but your phone book doesn't transfer... get your facts right :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yo tekie99.... first of all you need to learn how not to be rude when replying to messages or post....Not cool at all....

You are correct about the new SIM cards (64K),,,, it will work well with the 2 model #'s you listed because they are both made for Nextel phones... but if you take that 64K SIM card and use it on another phone such as regular GSM phone (AT&T, Cingular or T-Mobile) you will only be able to place emergency calls only....... as for who has been feeding me this "SHIT".... learn or ask nicely and I will be more than happy to tell you....

I work for "MOTOROLA" in Boynton Beach, FL and design some of the phones that are in the market... V300, V500, V600, and the new V400PTT... which will have the same capabilities as a Nextel phone (PUSH TO TALK)...

And I have alot of co-workers that work in the Plantation facility that also design the new Nextel phones....including the new one that is due out in the market soon i930 and i860....

Thanks,
Eddiesalsa

·
Registered
881 Posts
dmoney778 said:
Verizon Wireless is Consumer Reports best all-around cellphone company in the United States. I have Cingular Wireless and their new GSM network sucks! But I've heard really good things from Verizon customers. So, check them out before you go to a below average cellphone company like Nextel, which is rated very low with cosumer reports (IMHO).

Good Luck!

I have Cingular GSM and I am very satisfied with the coverage. But their customer service is the worst. The people in the retail stores suck. They also screw you over on your bill by making up shit to charge you for. When my contract is up I'm thinking of switching to TMobile or Verizon. Especially Verizon after hearing everybody's positive comments.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts