The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought an Altima in Central Florida. I am looking for an honest dealer who will sell one for close to invoice. Thanks!

·
Consumer Advocate
93 Posts
Just go to this site www.fightingchance.com and follow their strategy to the detail. If you do you won't have to worry about honest dealers. Instead, you will only need to worry about which Nissan service department to take it to for regular maintenance. Or go to this site www.carbuyingtips.com for good advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ferman Nissan in Tampa was a pleasure to deal with -- $99 over invoice. When I balked at paying the $299 dealer prep fee, they agreed to cut it by half. Sales dude Carlos Allicock was great to work with. 813-933-6641.:D

·
Call me Pippin
512 Posts
We bought my Altima at Classic Nissan (on 436 between University and SR 50). The sales side was just fine, but the service/maintenance side hasn't been so good. In fact... it utterly sucks in my opinion :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
So far, I've been quoted the best price from Courtesy Nissan in Tampa, 3% above invoice. Speak to Patrick Schwar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
"$299 dealer prep fee, they agreed to cut it by half."

Dealer prep fee=commission! Chevy lost a sale on a $29,000 Trailblazer because they wouldn't waive the $400 administrative fee for me. I walked out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agreed, "dealer prep fee" is additional dealer profit. Still at $99 over invoice, plus half the "prep fee", deal was done for $250 over invoice. Not bad.

·
Future Z Driver
215 Posts
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over "administrative fees" and such. Just negotiate an out-the-door price that makes you happy and let the dealer worry about how to itemize the charges. Who cares if they charge you a $1000 "BS fee" if you're still getting the car for $200 over invoice?

·
Consumer Advocate
93 Posts
Afty said:
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over "administrative fees" and such. Just negotiate an out-the-door price that makes you happy and let the dealer worry about how to itemize the charges. Who cares if they charge you a $1000 "BS fee" if you're still getting the car for $200 over invoice?
Exactly - Focus on YOUR bottom line and not theirs. They can itemize, catagorize, structure their pricing however the hell they want but it won't matter you cause you'll pay what you want to pay for the car.

Good point, Afty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts