The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there any DIY with or without pics to install new brake pads?

Nissan Altima 2.5S (2003)

Front and Rear would be nice :)

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G Thanks

If I knew that Google had more specific info I would've gone there in the first place...by the way, I did and found little info. Please help...thanks

·
Registered
944 Posts
I went to Auto Zone and was trying to find those pads Spankin and they said they had changed the name of them and also I looked at the ones for the 2002 Nissan Altima and 2003 Nissan Maxima..are those the same as the ones your talking about above for the 95-99 maximas??

·
9:15
2,688 Posts
princeholiday said:
I went to Auto Zone and was trying to find those pads Spankin and they said they had changed the name of them and also I looked at the ones for the 2002 Nissan Altima and 2003 Nissan Maxima..are those the same as the ones your talking about above for the 95-99 maximas??
Hey. . the SEARCH function really does work :p
http://www.nissantalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165755

·
Registered
233 Posts
SpankinAltima said:
i would recommend going with the 95-99 maxima pads from auto zone. much better the the hawk pads. they dont squeek at all. and they are about 45 buck. (carbon metalic i think)
Will these work on the 2.5's also? I looked at the autozone website and I think I found the ones you are talking about, PFC carbon metallic (36.99) part # 5264.

·
9:15
2,688 Posts
fmena said:
Anyone with DIY for changing pads?

Altima 2.5S (2003)
Bro, there is no Altima specific method to changing the brake pads. . it is done the same way as on most vehicles today. If you have no experience in changing brake pads whatsoever, then Desi's suggestion to search on Google was right on, theres nothing Altima specific about the process like I said so. .

JOEZNISSAN said:
Will these work on the 2.5's also? I looked at the autozone website and I think I found the ones you are talking about, PFC carbon metallic (36.99) part # 5264.
YES those are the right ones & will work for the 2.5 . . I provided that link in my post above to help. . read people

·
Registered
22 Posts
May I suggest going to Ebay and buying the electronic service manual for the altima for 10 bucks. That will give you step by step with some pics

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
fmena said:
Are there any DIY with or without pics to install new brake pads?

Nissan Altima 2.5S (2003)

Front and Rear would be nice :)

thanks
You need some help, PM me and we'll talk. I just did mine and was going to do a write up with pics, but forgot to take my camera with me and didn't write down the tool sizes necessary.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think my brake pads need replacement too and thinking of doing it myself, but then I have ABS... is the DIY different with ABS?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife's ride is somewhere around 36k (2.5S 5spd). She hasn't mentioned anything about stopping performance, but the fact that she now has to pull the parking brake somewhere between 50 - 75 degrees for it to not roll down an decline in netural. Is this pad or does the parking brake need adjustment?

·
No, you can't drive it!
683 Posts
The parking brake is a seperate mechanism inside the rear rotor hub which uses its own brake shoes (not pads).

The best way to determine pad life is to measure the amount of pad remaining.

They need to be replaced at 2mm front, 1.5mm rear.

Adjusting the parking brake will solve your problem (10mm socket w/extension, adjust below the brake handle).

Fred

1 - 20 of 24 Posts