The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased xenon bulbs and want some input from everyone. The bulbs I purchased are MatriX from GR Motorsports. Does anyone know if these are decent quality or am I wasting my time putting them in??

Also, from what I have heard, the freakin' bumper has to come off too!! What is up with that??? I would consider that to be a major design flaw

Anyways, any help would be appreciated! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I am actually just reading a post from pcsgrp35se.....pretty detailed instructions. I just hope the MatriX bulbs aren't crap!

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
idd watch out with some bulbs.... i bought some xenons (not matrix), and the chrome on my reflector started hazing up.... its not shiney anymore once i turn on the lights..... it looks like fog, but its not real fog cuz i would get fog on my housing as well... might wanna watch the bulbs, also i had my bulbs in for about 2 weeks and they already lost their color.... next bulbs i buy are gonna be something good and expensive, if that doesnt work then i say screw it....

and no, the bumper doesnt have to come off..... be aware that the clips on the bulbs are a pain to get off (before you realise how easily they are designed to come off) i tried to unsrew them, but then realised that you dont have to, theres just a little ring/clip that you push and the clips come loose (works kinda like a safetey pin) you have to press it into the pin and then move it sideways and safetey pin opens up.. took me a while to figure this out.... passanger side is horrible though, i couldnt even stick my hand in there.... driver side is really easy and took me only 10 min to change....

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
Just remove the window cleaner pump and the air-filter box then you've all the access you needed. I didn't know that and had my bumper removed twice.

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
ya im pretty sure its the coolant you wanna remove, the washer fluid is way at the bottom, doesnt seem to get in the way of getting to the bulb...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I found that the aftermarket bulbs just didn't do it for me and went with the HIDs. Substantial difference in the amount of light at night and during wet weather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts