The Nissan Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Here's a really good video on how to correctly perform this service on any 2013-2018 Altima's. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a good scan tool that's capable of reading the transmission temperature.

I'm confused, is it assumed he added tranny fluid again at the end of the video? 2017 Nissan Altima SR 2.5 driver with 55k miles

Registered
No the secondary drain process you seen in the video was to rid the cvt of any excess fluid, as that second drain was the over flow portion of the cvt. You dont ever want to over fill the cvt and drive it that way. Just follow the video and you'll be fine.

Registered
Hi everyone. What a pain this looks like. We want to change the transmission fluid in our 2013 due to the high mileage. Questions.

1. How much fluid do we need to have on hand? I can't find any info on this car!

2. I looked at the dipstick. There is no real dipstick. Just a short metal wand with no measuring marks on it. How do I know how much is enough without a dipstick?

3. We purchased NS2 by accident but cannot find NS3 which is what this vehicle requires. What is the difference?? Do we need to get this fluid from Nissan?

thanks for any info you have on this.

Thanks!!
You can pick up a dip stick off older model Altima at a junk yard, 2012 and earlier. They are exactly alike. It won鈥檛 show but maybe 1/2 inch on it so it鈥檚 hard to tell if it鈥檚 low or not. But you can at least look at the color

21 - 26 of 26 Posts