The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local auto part store has a brand I'm not familiar with.... Everest. It say on the bottle it is NS-2. Google wasn't helpful. It's $6.99/quart.
Are all CVT fluids equal? Before I do a drain & fill on my Altima, wanted to see if anybody has experience with it. And, is mixing it with the remaining OEM fluid a bad idea... should I just do an entire flush?

Coming up on 60K, curiosity made me look at what was in the transmission ....eeewww, looked like my synthetic motor oil after 7500 miles, except with a slight cherry hue in the sunlight.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
^Good Advice^ Seriously, you're gonna save a few bucks on 'cheap' fluid and risk a multi-thousand dollar transmission repair??!...

Of ALL the parts on this car...your CVT doesn't need any additional challenges in life. Stick with Nissan fluid.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do not ever place aftermarket cvt fluid into your transmission. It will damage the unit and upon you needing to replace it if the dealer sends a fluid sample per Nna's request to blackstone your warranty claim will be denied and warranty may be cancelled.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
They do, they call them Infinitis...go get yourself a Q and be happy.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
lol, bad boy .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts