The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 SE 3.5 just failed Mass inspection. There were two codes, which I will post later because I don't have them in front of me, but one of them indicates a possible issue with the catalytic converter. Assuming it is the converter, what's the cheapest way out? This car already has the dreaded timing chain issue, so if this is going to be really expensive I have a big decision to make. Thank you all in advance for your input.

·
Registered
138 Posts
p0420 is a typical cat code. I had that and searched a video off youtube, cleared the code, and drove 25 miles and went to the inspection place. I asked for a "readiness test" beforehand so that they wouldn't charge, and the guy said if it passes, he'll do the rest of the inspection. It passed. This was in Texas btw, so there may be a different way you need to cheat the test, if possible, depending on what your state requires to pass.

Then again, the P0420 code may be more serious, but if you just need to pass inspection for now, there are ways.

The check engine light codes are crucial though. Without those, its hard to help and diagnose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts