The Nissan Club banner

Check Engine Light turn on after Cold Air intake installed

18K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Importtech 
#1 · (Edited)
I just install the cold air intake everything went smooth but after I got back into the seat to tried the car... check engine light went on ..I tried to look any posibble mistake I made..still dont get it tho..anyone please Hellllppppp..maybe anyone know how to self-reset the chip? if so please advise me.... :confused2
My Altima is year '02 2.5 4cyl

I just got diagnose @autozone the error code are P0102 and P0138 it's all about
air sensor and Mass air flow sensor now I wonder what part is that and what it look like?

#2 ·
oh the mass air flow sensor is located befor the throttle body. it has a plug comming out of it. and you hook up part of the wire harness to it. its like a little 8 pin clip. there could be many reasons that the light went on.......well did you plug your maf back in before you started the car? did you drop the maf? did you impact it with anything, like hit it or shake it? first i would recomend checking the connection. if you have warantee on the car i would suggest going to the dealer and asking them what is up. btw take off the cai.

#3 ·
Did you drive the car after the light? If you can't get the rpms above 2500 - 3000 without it chuging back and forth, it's more than likely the MAF. Did you disconnect the ground on the battery when you did it? Hope it all works out for you. Maf's are a little under $300.

#4 ·
Where are you going to find a MAF for under 300. I doubt it. Try over 600 easily. Possibly even 700. Those thins are not cheap.

Double check all your wiring and like what was said already if you drive the car and it is no allowing you to go over 2500 RPM's your MAF went out. Take off the CAI and take it to dealer to get replaced on warranty.

#5 ·
I look into it..the thin wire still attached from my physical check it's look fine the thin wire looks good but maybe it's get dirty becase before I install the cool air intake I have K&N filter my guess only it might get dirty coz K&N oil filter...I need to get carburator spray to remove some oil on it..maybe...hopefully it works...by the way If it broken I guess I could see the thin wire might snap...I dunno.......what to do to save $300-600...

#9 ·
WHOA..... when I bought mine it was close to 3 bills. He now tells me that they are $525. Man did I luck out. Dam Stealers. True what OD3X1 said. I checked mine twice before installing it watch the arrow on the side. Sounds like your ok with MAF sensor. Check that the hoses are connected right or you didn't pull something off that didn't need be.

#12 ·
My engine starts like normal...runs better with cold air intake..sound really mean when it hit rpm4000..I heard if MAF is dead I got problem to start the engine...also car always stall....while moving...is it true?....or even MAF is broken have no affect at all..so which one is correct...?

#13 ·
Get someone to pull the code(s) for you, then you'll know exactly. I hear Autozone will do it for you. When I blew my MAF I got that chugging from the motor and when I pulled it over the engine quit. I started it up no problem and limped it to work. Replaced the MAF and I was good to go. To me it doesn't sound like a MAF but have it looked at. Hell autozone does it for free, so why not. Good peace of mind. Just MHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.